Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » MQTT(Installing and Configuring MQTT in 4diac)
MQTT [message #1803494] Fri, 01 March 2019 15:33 Go to next message
Reza ELC is currently offline Reza ELCFriend
Hi,

I successfully installed and run a simple application on Raspberry Pi and I can monitor it in 4diac. The tutorials were very easy to read and understand. I followed the steps in a video by Alois in youtube and now FORTE is up and running in raspberry Pi . I use 4diac in Windows 10.

Now, my students and I would like to install MQTT to do a simple publish/subscribe application. In the documentation, we were following the steps and we got stuck in Step 2 where it says to "Use CMake to generate...". Our background is electronics and not software engineering. Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully I can integrate it as a lab in my classes.

Thanks,
Reza
Re: MQTT [message #1803506 is a reply to message #1803494] Fri, 01 March 2019 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Reza,

In order to add MQTT to 4diac FORTE currently it is needed to compile Eclipse Paho and also to compile 4diac FORTE from source. For getting started I think it is better to learn how to compile 4diac FORTE. We recently updated the documentation on that [1]. I hope that this updates makes this step manageable also for non software developers.

When you have completed this step I think the MQTT description is also better understandable.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/4diac/en_help.php?helppage=html/installation/install.html
Re: MQTT [message #1803513 is a reply to message #1803506] Sat, 02 March 2019 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Alois.
We are following the instruction line by line and now we are in the "Generate 4diac FORTE Makefiles with CMake", Step 3. When we click on Configure we get two errors as following:

"The code execution cannot proceed because cygwin1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

and

"The code execution cannot proceed because cygintl-8.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem"

The errors are attached.
We tried reinstalling CMake and no luck.
We are in Windows 10, and we use MinGW. We also use forte-incubation_1.10.1 as the source code of FORTE.

We appreciate any help.
Reza

Re: MQTT [message #1803521 is a reply to message #1803513] Sat, 02 March 2019 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Reza,

could it be that you had also some make programm from cygwin or another toolchain installed? Would you mind sending me the content of your path variable (better privately). For me it looks like there is a clash between different toolchains. The cmake setup seams to be fine.

Alois
Re: MQTT [message #1803623 is a reply to message #1803521] Tue, 05 March 2019 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alois.
How do I send it privately?
Re: MQTT [message #1803626 is a reply to message #1803623] Tue, 05 March 2019 17:39 Go to previous message

I think the easiest is if you drop me an email (alois.zoitl(at)gmx.at).
Previous Topic:Where can I find ROS services and action FBT?
Next Topic:Arcus cosine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:56:19 GMT 2024