Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPP » Why is installer from 2018-12 download page only showing Neon versions?
Why is installer from 2018-12 download page only showing Neon versions? [message #1803451] Thu, 28 February 2019 20:35 Go to next message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
Is this eclipse installer yet another one of these anaemic eclipse projects that were in principle a good idea but then fell dead because nobody keeps maintaining and keeping them alive anymore?

When I go to the eclips download page (https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/) it currently lists Eclipse 2018-12 as the current release version.

Above the "traditional" packages it highlights the "eclipse installer" as the way to install eclipse and claiming that this should ease future eclipse installations and updates.

But after downloading and installing that installer, all it offers are the versions "Latest (Neon)", "Latest Relase (Neon)", and "Neon", i.e. 3x the same and all long outdated! Where are all the newer versions? Oxygen? Photon? 2018-xy?

What crap is that? I download an installer from the latest release download page (i.e. 2018-12) and it then only offers me to install the version from 3 years back??? ||-(
Please remove any reference to this installer from the download page. It's just causing annoyance and more disappointments re. eclipse!

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2019 20:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why is installer from 2018-12 download page only showing Neon versions? [message #1823086 is a reply to message #1803451] Thu, 19 March 2020 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Did you mean 2019-12? The simple mode of the installer doesn't give you a choice of versions and is restricted to only versions corresponding to that installer. So I'm really not sure what you mean. The current version that you would download today will only install 2020-03.

Perhaps you have a network problem and were not able to load the latest catalog so an older cached version was used?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Why is installer from 2018-12 download page only showing Neon versions? [message #1823204 is a reply to message #1823086] Sun, 22 March 2020 14:04 Go to previous message
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
No - I meant 2018-12. This append is more than a year old!
And it behaved exactly as described: in Feb. 2019 (i.e. >1 yr. ago) I downloaded the newest installer and it offered only Neon-versions for installation. That's why I asked back then, how dead (or alive) this installer is.
Previous Topic:Project proposal to mention packager?
Next Topic:No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/epp/packages/2019-12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:07:43 GMT 2024