Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating dynamic representation for a container in Sirius(How to create a dynamic representation (like SVG) for a container based on its nodes in Sirius)  () 1 Vote
Creating dynamic representation for a container in Sirius [message #1803368] Wed, 27 February 2019 12:49
Kather oli is currently offline Kather oliFriend
Hi,

I would like to know the possibility of having a dynamic representation to a container in Sirius editor.

Let me explain the problem bit elaborately. I want to model a vehicle in Sirius editor. I consider vehicle as container and wheel as node. I have created the ecore models. As per the default behavior of Sirius editor (.odesign), container (vehicle) is shown in the editor as "rectangle box". But I would like to have custom representation as below.

index.php/fa/34977/0/
index.php/fa/34978/0/

In this image square and triangles are wheels. These are sample images. There could be n number of such representations to be supported.

If I would support only one of such representation, I can simply accomplish it using PNG/SVG images. But based on number of wheels defined by the user, the vehicle representation should be changed dynamically at run time.
User can add wheels (nodes) to vehicle (container) from the palette view. upon adding wheels, I need some handler mechanism to control the representation of vehicle (container).

Is it possible in Sirius? If so, please shed some light.

Thanks,
Kather

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2019 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Creating dynamic representation for a container
Next Topic:Is it possible to do live validation of property view text widgets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:00:27 GMT 2024