Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Support for OMG DD?(OMG Diagram Definition has been available for some time is there any support for it in Eclipse)
Support for OMG DD? [message #1803354] Wed, 27 February 2019 10:03 Go to next message
Philip Spiby is currently offline Philip SpibyFriend
I am investigating exchanging models including diagrams between different modelling tools to support ISO Standards development. We have successfully exchanged models using Canonical XMI between a number of tools including Eclipse. We are now needing to exchange diagrams also. As a result I have looked at the OMG DD specification and this appears to be what we need. However I have not been able to find plugins that support this for Eclipse. E-mailing Maged Elaasar I have found that there was an optional feature in Papyrus Neon that supported an early version of this defined at: https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus-interoperability.git/tree/diagram-definition/plugins

However, looking at Neon, Oxygen and Photon versions of Papyrus I have not been able to find this feature (probably user error since I am more used to other commercial tools, none of which support this yet!). If someone knows where to find this feature and can give me some guidance I would appreciate this.
Re: Support for OMG DD? [message #1803360 is a reply to message #1803354] Wed, 27 February 2019 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi Schnekenburger is currently offline Remi SchnekenburgerFriend
Hello Philip,

I can only point you to this update site to get the latest version of the tool: https://hudson.eclipse.org/papyrus/view/Interoperability/job/papyrus-interoperability-dd-oxygen/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/source/diagram-definition/releng/org.eclipse.papyrus.interoperability.dd.p2/target/repository/
It was never released as such in the official Papyrus update site, so I won't insist on the incubation status of such feature. This is a nightly build update site of the feature that you can install in your Eclipse environment.

To get some guidance, if you can get in contact with Maged, he will be your best option to get some help for the first steps in the tool. Looking briefly at the code, there should be a "Export All Diagrams to UML DI" menu on the Di Papyrus file to export all diagrams stored in Papyrus as DI-compliant diagrams.

Hope this Helps,
Rémi

Remi Schnekenburger

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: Support for OMG DD? [message #1803572 is a reply to message #1803360] Mon, 04 March 2019 17:14 Go to previous message
Philip Spiby is currently offline Philip SpibyFriend
It took me a little while to find out where the "Export All Diagrams to UML DI" option was, but it appears to work fine.
Thanks for your help Rémi

Phil
Previous Topic:Any fundamental changes in next Papyrus release?
Next Topic:Java Generator is generating spaces in the package names
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:52:47 GMT 2024