Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » ttcn3_makefilegen and subfolders
ttcn3_makefilegen and subfolders [message #1803282] Tue, 26 February 2019 09:23 Go to next message
Alexander Kaiser is currently offline Alexander KaiserFriend
Hey Titans,

I have restructured the MQTT test suite to distinguish the different parts of the TS.
While it builds without any problems from the IDE, makefilegen seems to have problems with the subfolders.

So far we built the Makefile with the following command:
ttcn3_makefilegen -f -g -m -t iottestware.mqtt.tpd -e iottestware.mqtt ./src/*.ttcn

which results now in the following error message:
ttcn3_makefilegen: error: Cannot find any source file for argument `./src/*.ttcn'.

The current structure is probably a little overcomplicated and I could get rid of the most sub-folders. However, I'd like to keep at least the structure src/framework, src/broker_testing and src/client_testing.

How can I instruct ttcn3_makefilegen to use all ttcn3 files from the src folder and all its subfolders?

Thanks
Alex
Re: ttcn3_makefilegen and subfolders [message #1803283 is a reply to message #1803282] Tue, 26 February 2019 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi Alex,

Hi Alex,
why do you list the src files, if you defined your project in tpd? Perhaps does not your tpd contain the files, only the folders? Could you send me the tpd, pls. Something is strange there!
And a list of file from the dir of tpd would be also useful (
find .
and
pwd
).

(On the other hand, ttcn content of src/framework is "/src/framework/*.ttcn". It is not a recursive resolving! But we should try to work without file listing. tpd shall contain everything! )

Waiting your answer
Jeno
Titan Team, Ericsson
Re: ttcn3_makefilegen and subfolders [message #1803287 is a reply to message #1803283] Tue, 26 February 2019 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kaiser is currently offline Alexander KaiserFriend
Hi Jeno,

you can find the tpd filehere.
We use the ttcn3_makefilegen in our install.py script (line 265) for quite a long time now. After reading your suggestion (But we should try to work without file listing. tpd shall contain everything!) I think, that we have a kind of a misconception at that point. To be honest, I didn't touch the tpd file after restructuring and tried to solve the problem via file listing.

I'll try your suggestion and get back to you.

Edit:
Indeed, an updated tpd file solves the problem and we can further simplify the installation-script.
Generating Makefile skeleton...
Makefile skeleton was generated.

Thank² you,
Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 26 February 2019 10:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ttcn3_makefilegen and subfolders [message #1803295 is a reply to message #1803287] Tue, 26 February 2019 12:56 Go to previous message
Jeno Attila Balasko is currently offline Jeno Attila BalaskoFriend

Hi Alex,

I'm happy that you 've found the solution.

I suppose you discovered the answer to your question:
"How can I instruct ttcn3_makefilegen to use all ttcn3 files from the src folder and all its subfolders?"
For the sake of other readers, I would suggest at generating tpd file by exporting project description via Project popup>Export...>TITAN>TITAN Project settings, after Next choose settings according to the attached file.
index.php/fa/34964/0/

BR
Jeno
Previous Topic:The version of the compiler could not be determined
Next Topic:patch: Print symbolic version in "compiler -v"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:26:36 GMT 2024