Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Kura eclipse emulator and DS activation problems
Kura eclipse emulator and DS activation problems [message #1803237] Mon, 25 February 2019 14:28 Go to next message
Aistis Kaikaris is currently offline Aistis KaikarisFriend
I have a problem with running kura and other bundles in eclipse - when i start the emulator, many services are activated then deactivated, then activated again. This does not seem to happen when i deploy the same bundles in a kura instance running on a raspberry pi.

Is it possible that there are some configurations in "org.eclipse.kura.emulator" that might influence this behavior?

There is also a problem with dynamic, multiple references, as they get bound to a list, but then are all unbound from the list during the startup only. This also seem to only happen on the eclipse kura emulator.
Re: Kura eclipse emulator and DS activation problems [message #1803336 is a reply to message #1803237] Wed, 27 February 2019 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aistis Kaikaris is currently offline Aistis KaikarisFriend
Ok, so it seems when you pass an int argument to the deactivator method, it tells you about the reason the service/component was deactivated:

0 - unspecified
1 - The component was disabled
2 - A reference became unsatisfied
3 - A configuration was changed
4 - A configuration was deleted
5 - The component was disposed

I figured out that one of the services was a configurable component and it's being modified, so all it's clients get restarted as well. For the other one i'm getting "0", so the problem is unspecified.

The dynamic reference bind problem disappeared when i changed the class from service to a simple component. Not sure why that would do anything, since on further inspection the service was not being used by anyone, but at least that seems to help.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2019 05:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Kura eclipse emulator and DS activation problems [message #1803479 is a reply to message #1803336] Fri, 01 March 2019 11:13 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
thank you for the update.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:PTC Thingworx
Next Topic:Avoid DataService store
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:04:43 GMT 2024