Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » New Font Family installed but not all sub fonts are shown when creating PDF from Report(Not every Fonts from a family are generated in PDF and bold style isn't working)
New Font Family installed but not all sub fonts are shown when creating PDF from Report [message #1803210] Mon, 25 February 2019 10:55
Daniel Stahlberg is currently offline Daniel StahlbergFriend
Hello everyone,

I am almost certain that I am wrong here and therefore sorry in advance.
I am very new to BIRT and Report Designing and I have a problem with a freshly installed font. The font is called "Rajdhani" and it has a few sub fonts called like "rajdhani - regular", "rajdhani-bold", "rajdhani-medium" and so on.
After installing at first none of the Fonts were shown on my generated PDF so with a little research I edited the "fontsConfig.xml" and the "fontsConfig_pdf.xml" and manually added the line "<encoding font-family="Rajdhani" encoding="Cp1252" />" and after that the "rajdhani-regular" and the "rajdhani-medium" worked in my PDFs.
So far so good, my next problem now is, that I cant use bold but cursive is working. I can only edit the font size but thats it. In addition to that my "rajdhani-bold" font or my "rajdhani-light" isn't working at all. I don't really understand why. When I put in "rajdhani-bold" as font I get a Font that looks like Helvetica on my PDF, although it seems to be correct in the Report PDF Viewer of BIRT.
I don't really know what to do here. I tried editing the fontconfig files further and added lines with "rajdhani-bold" like I did with the font family but its not working. My knowledge of BIRT is very limited at this point and I can't find something like my case on this forum.

My system where BIRT is installed:
Windows Server 2008 R2 on a VMWare VM
BIRT Version 3.7.1v20110905

Again I am very sorry if this is wrong on here but I can't find any other support forum or community. Thanks for everyone who is helping!

Thanks in advance
Daniel
Previous Topic:No preview on BIRT OXYGEN Report Developer-Problem with Build
Next Topic:Inset line break in dynamic, grouped, data?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:58:52 GMT 2024