Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Missing diagrams and stereotypes; splitting models (Problem to split models)
Missing diagrams and stereotypes; splitting models [message #1803198] Mon, 25 February 2019 09:30 Go to next message
Michael Nestler is currently offline Michael NestlerFriend
I want to separate a "library" package of my model in an extra model. Then in library model stereotypes and diagrams are missing.
The following steps (reproducible according attachment), I performed.
1. model-architecture in folder model-architecture-source created
2. model-architecture.uml, model-architecture.di, model-architecture.notation copied to folder models-split
3. model-library created in folder models-split with the same applied profiles as for model-architecture
4. model-library imported in model-architecture (in folder models-split) by "Import Package From User Model" and Import All
5. package library-package moved to model-library, Enable Write for model-library files confirmed
6. model-architecture saved and closed
7. model-library opened => MARTE stereotypes and classdiagram Mp1 are missing

I use Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers Photon 4.8 and Papyrus software Designer 1.1.0
Re: Missing diagrams and stereotypes; splitting models [message #1803953 is a reply to message #1803198] Thu, 14 March 2019 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello Michael,
please, could you indicate us how you proceed to create your Library ?
Re: Missing diagrams and stereotypes; splitting models [message #1804319 is a reply to message #1803953] Fri, 22 March 2019 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Nestler is currently offline Michael NestlerFriend
Hi Vincent,
I reworked my problem description :
Steps to create the model-library.uml

The starting point is the model-architecture.uml in folder model-architecture-source.
This model contains a package "library-package". This package I want to separate
in an extra model named "model-library.uml". The "library-package" does not have
any dependencies to other packages in model-architecture.
(see attachment1_model-architecture.png)

Following steps I performed:
1.Copy the model-architecture(uml, di, notation) to folder models-split
2.Rename model-architecture to model-architecture-split
3.Create an empty model "model-library((uml, di, notation)" in folder model-split and apply the same MARTE Profile packages from "model-architecture-split" on it.
4.Import model-library in model-architecture-split by "Import Package From User Model" and Import All
5.Move package "library-package" from model-architecture-split to model-library, Enable Write for model-library files confirmed
(see attachment2_model-architecture-split.png)
6.Save and close model-architecture-split
7.Open model-library => MARTE stereotypes and classdiagram Mp1 are missing
(see attachment3_model-library-png)

The attachment splitmodel2.zip contains the mentioned models.
I hope you can reproduce the problem.

BR Michael
Re: Missing diagrams and stereotypes; splitting models [message #1804399 is a reply to message #1804319] Mon, 25 March 2019 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,
I confirm the problem. The stereotype are still in the file model-architecture.uml. and the diagram is still in model-architecture.notation after the move.

It is not exactly the same feature, but you could create your library as sub Package of your model, il will avoid to loast stereotype application and diagram.

So in model-architecture.uml, from the Papyrus model Explorer view, select library-package, then Right-Click->Model Refactor -> Create Submodel. , then save.

Now your library is in it own package model, but displayed as an externalized subpackage of model-architecture.

FYI, I fill the bug 545749: Move elements in a library doesn't work properly
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=545749

Regards,
--
Vincent
Re: Missing diagrams and stereotypes; splitting models [message #1804400 is a reply to message #1804319] Mon, 25 March 2019 13:56 Go to previous message
Hello Michael,
I confirm the problem. The stereotype are still in the file model-architecture.uml. and the diagram is still in model-architecture.notation after the move.

It is not exactly the same feature, but you could create your library as sub Package of your model, il will avoid to loast stereotype application and diagram.

So in model-architecture.uml, from the Papyrus model Explorer view, select library-package, then Right-Click->Model Refactor -> Create Submodel. , then save.

Now your library is in it own package model, but displayed as an externalized subpackage of model-architecture.

FYI, I fill the bug 545749: Move elements in a library doesn't work properly
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=545749

Regards,
--
Vincent
Previous Topic:Is this sequence diagram possible in Papyrus?
Next Topic:How to customise properties view in Papyrus 2018-12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:04:21 GMT 2024