Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Can a configuration add setup models from custom locations?
Can a configuration add setup models from custom locations? [message #1802835] Sun, 17 February 2019 21:19 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Hi. I have a .setup which isn't 'hosted' in the official Oomph catalog. So users must add it manually to have its projects show up in their "User Projects" sub-catalog. I am now playing with the .configuration model, because it could help users to 'select' the right combinations of streams etc when using my .setup. I now wonder, if a configuration model might also 'automate' the part where users need to add the setup model to the catalog manually?

Re: Can a configuration add setup models from custom locations? [message #1802840 is a reply to message #1802835] Mon, 18 February 2019 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Felix, yes it can automate the adding to the project models to the catalogs. It`s important that the project have it`s logical project container set to the catalog in which it should be located. I use this with my customer projects so that all the new developer has to do is drag and drop the configuration link onto the installer, and it selected the right product version, adds the project to the user extension of the project catalog, and selects the stream of that project so that the developer ends up directly on the Variables page.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Can a configuration add setup models from custom locations? [message #1802848 is a reply to message #1802840] Mon, 18 February 2019 08:18 Go to previous message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Exactly what I want. Perfect, thank you.
Previous Topic:The IDE is being installed but GitCloneTask is not being triggered
Next Topic:oomph redirection when processing P2 director tasks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:52:31 GMT 2024