Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Problem with converting to maven project(strange behavier of src folder)
Problem with converting to maven project [message #1802577] Tue, 12 February 2019 09:14 Go to next message
Andreas Buchner is currently offline Andreas BuchnerFriend
I want to build a RCP with Maven.

For that I need to convert the Viewpoint Specification Project to Maven
index.php/fa/34866/0/

index.php/fa/34867/0/

index.php/fa/34868/0/

After I have done that, the src code folder will not be recognized anymore?

I thought it might work anyway, because the files are still there.
But after "Maven install" and opening the Application, the Viewpoint is could not be found.

index.php/fa/34869/0/

If I run an Eclipse Application, there is no problem with the Viewpoint Specification Project, everything works as it should.

Has anybody an idea, what could be the issue?

Best regards
Andreas
Re: Problem with converting to maven project [message #1802582 is a reply to message #1802577] Tue, 12 February 2019 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Buchner is currently offline Andreas BuchnerFriend
Problem solved..
I have just created a new Project, copy/paste everything -> now it is working ??
Re: Problem with converting to maven project [message #1802583 is a reply to message #1802577] Tue, 12 February 2019 09:38 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

I don't know what the "Convert to Maven Project" action does exactly, but it looks like it lost the fact that the "src" folder contains the sources (and maybe other informations). My guess is that it blindly assumes a Maven-standard source layout, with Java source files in src/main/java.

If you want to build Eclipse projects in general (not just Sirius Viewpoint Specification Projects), I recommend using Tycho, which is a set of Maven plug-ins which makes Maven aware of the specificities of OSGi projects in general and Eclipse plug-ins in particular. Tycho will correctly identify the source folders configured in Eclipse instead of assuming or imposing a different file layout.

Note that this is more of a Maven/Tycho question on building Eclipse plug-ins with Maven. There is nothing specific to do for Sirius projects. You can however look at the Sirius sources themselves, or Ecore Tools (which is smaller and simpler) as example which uses Tycho to build Eclipse plug-ins, including Sirius modelers.

Regards,

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Creating custom layout
Next Topic:Showing just one edge out of many edges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:38:22 GMT 2024