Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Save Product setup variable into user.setup without prompting
Save Product setup variable into user.setup without prompting [message #1802553] Mon, 11 February 2019 19:33 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
I have the use case where some Boolean setup variables have their values set to false in the product setup. These variables are used as filters on some P2 director tasks. I would like to write using my product setup those Boolean variable into the user.setup with the product restrictions without having them prompted by the installer when installing eclipse.

The user can at a later time change the value of those Boolean in their user.setup to enable those new requirements.

Right now, I have a sample user.setup with the proper restricted container and the containing Boolean that the user can drag and drop into his/her user.setup but this is rather clunky. Any suggestions welcomed.
Re: Save Product setup variable into user.setup without prompting [message #1802579 is a reply to message #1802553] Tue, 12 February 2019 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
I think a varable defined with just a default value, i.e., no value, is the best you can get. It would be prompted and stored in user.setup, but the user wouldn't have to enter or change it the first time.

Re: Save Product setup variable into user.setup without prompting [message #1802598 is a reply to message #1802579] Tue, 12 February 2019 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
The only problem is that this does not work in simple mode which we are using. Could there be an new oomph task to create them?
Re: Save Product setup variable into user.setup without prompting [message #1802604 is a reply to message #1802598] Tue, 12 February 2019 16:50 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Yes, of course you can create any sort of custom setup task implementation you might need.

Previous Topic:Using relative path inside a ProductCatalog ?
Next Topic:Can I induce a default choice or contribute attribute rules?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:29:08 GMT 2024