Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Suuggestion for Human Machine Interface Software companion with 4DIAC
Suuggestion for Human Machine Interface Software companion with 4DIAC [message #1802448] Sat, 09 February 2019 04:49 Go to next message
Stefanus Yudi is currently offline Stefanus YudiFriend
Dear All

I need help for my project. I try to develop physical model for Coal Mill using 4DIAC IDE. At now i try to coding the FB with structure list (ST) so i can made it very compact and more custom.

But i need suggestion for picking software which could act like SCADA system that provide Data Access(DA), Alarm Event (AE), Historical Data (HD), and Build HMI. I've try to use EclipseNeoScada for several month, I did it good for DA purpose, but get stuck when i try to utilize AE and HD. There is unavailable tutorial from the developer. it's just some summary about the structure of the SCADA Software.

Also i think about using scadaBR for replacing it, but the language is not in english, (im Indonesian btw) i think it will consume more time if continuing with scadaBR.

Could you please (4DIAC Developer) suggest me some SCADA softwares compatible to 4DIAC so i can make HMI etc (something like in the image), with enough source for tutorial how to use the software?

Thank you

image source : http://www.elimko.com.tr/tr/sistem/referanslar-1/cimento-sanayii-cement-industry/yibitas-lafarge-corum-cement-factory
  • Attachment: HMI.PNG
    (Size: 104.25KB, Downloaded 188 times)
Re: Suuggestion for Human Machine Interface Software companion with 4DIAC [message #1802464 is a reply to message #1802448] Sat, 09 February 2019 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

wow this sounds like a very interesting project. I would be happy to hear more about it. Are you interested in writing a guest blog post for the 4diac web-page?

Regarding your question: Yes HMI is currently one of our weakest point. We improved here in the recent releases with our MQTT and OCP UA support. This allows to connect 4diac FORTE devices with a wide variety of systems.

If it would be only for HMI purposes I would suggest OPC UA and on the HMI side NodeJS, with node-opcua [1] and some application framework. With that you could develop quite nice Web-Based HMIs. However you would miss again alarms and historical data.

For such some SCADA System would be great. I had high hopes in Eclipse NeoSCADA. However AFAIK the development on it has stopped for now.

I heard good things from scadaBR. I also know the documentation issue. But the last time I tried google translate was capable of translating it in such a quality that one could work without.

These are all options I currently know. Maybe someone else has heard of more. I would be happy to here about them.

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://github.com/node-opcua
Re: Suuggestion for Human Machine Interface Software companion with 4DIAC [message #1802554 is a reply to message #1802464] Mon, 11 February 2019 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ole Carlsen is currently offline Ole CarlsenFriend
Maybe pvbrowser is a possibility: https://pvbrowser.de/

They support following protocols:
Modbus (Serial Line and TCP)
Siemens TCP
Siemens PPI
Ethernet_IP
EIBnet/KNX
OPC XML-DA
OPC UA (alpha status)
DCON protocol

PROFIBUS
CAN

and development is very active with news and info almost every month.

oh and not to forget, it is of course open source :-)

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2019 19:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Suuggestion for Human Machine Interface Software companion with 4DIAC [message #1802567 is a reply to message #1802448] Tue, 12 February 2019 04:40 Go to previous message
Stefanus Yudi is currently offline Stefanus YudiFriend
wowwww many thanks Mr. Alois and Mr. Carlsen. It's a great answer, for helping me out of my problem.

for now i think it's hard to me to write for 4DIAC guest blog post Mr. Alois, i'm very sorry. I hope 4DIAC Developers always welcome to someone to ask.

Many Thanks

Stefanus Yudi Irwan
Previous Topic:Issues on implementing OPC UA with 4DIAC and OpenModelica
Next Topic:assign input and output array in ECC Algorithm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:04:00 GMT 2024