Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » AUT connection failed when Cisco VPN is running
AUT connection failed when Cisco VPN is running [message #1802402] Fri, 08 February 2019 09:49 Go to next message
Patrik Hanak is currently offline Patrik HanakFriend
Hello everybody !

I started to evaluate Jubula to test our application and I am not able to connect to AUT when VPN is running.
I use the following configuration:
Jubula: 8.6.0.262
VPN: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v4.3.01095
Application: Eclipse RCP application, it connects to remote DB over VPN

All test components (AUT, AUT Agent, Jubula GUI client) are installed locally. When I start VPN, run Jubula GUI, open project, connect to embedded AUT Agent and start AUT, then
the application starts but after a while application is closed and error message box appears:

5009: AUT start failed
Establishing connection to AUT failed.
Please check the AUT configuration. AUTServer could not start: Establishing communication failed.

Entry in rc_rcp.log appears as well:
2019-02-08 10:24:38.849 [Worker-0] ERROR o.eclipse.jubula.rc.common.AUTServer - connecting to NAME_OF_SERVER.DOMAIN:50551 failed()

(real name of server and domain were replaced)

After couple of tests I came to the following scenarios which work (Jubula GUI Client is able to connect to AUT):
- VPN is not running (application is temporary reconfigured to connect to local DB )
- the components installed on MS Windows 7, adjusted interface metric of Cisco AnyConnect Adaper

Even if I adjust interface metric of Cisco AnyConnect Adaper ( as it helped on MS Windows 7), it does not help on MS Windows Server 2012 R2.
I can ping NAME_OF_SERVER.DOMAIN, but AUT connection still fails.

Any further ideas ?

Thanks in advance.
Re: AUT connection failed when Cisco VPN is running [message #1802580 is a reply to message #1802402] Tue, 12 February 2019 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Hanak is currently offline Patrik HanakFriend
I was able to fix the issue by applying the following settings:

Re: AUT connection failed when Cisco VPN is running [message #1802585 is a reply to message #1802580] Tue, 12 February 2019 10:28 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
I am glad you found a Solution because such kind of communication problems are hard to find.

Thanks for your Information, this is really helpful for people with the same Problem!

best regards
Marvin Mueller

Previous Topic:AUT connection failed
Next Topic:AUT connection failed and object mapping tool is disabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:57:57 GMT 2024