Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Startup delay due to osgi bundle resolving
Startup delay due to osgi bundle resolving [message #1802364] Thu, 07 February 2019 11:39
Chamila Adhikarinayake is currently offline Chamila AdhikarinayakeFriend
Hi All,

I'm currently trying to migrate our product to work on jdk 11 and as a part of this effort upgraded the OSGi framework (upgrading from equinox OSGi version 3.9.1.v20130814-1242). We managed to upgrade the components and start the pack but currently, we see high startup time (startup freezes in the middle for some additional time). we suspect it is due to bundle wiring.

I checked the bundle status using ss command and all the bundles were in Active state.

Then I enabled OSGi debug logs for wiring (org.eclipse.osgi/resolver/wiring) and notice one component trying to wire to the same component repeatedly

Following is a part of the log. similar repeated logs for different components can be seen during this startup freeze time . (I attached the full log)

RESOLVER: Wirings for resolved bundles:
	Resource
		osgi.identity; osgi.identity="tomcat"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="7.0.85.wso2v1"
	Wiring
		[1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=*)"; resolution:="dynamic"; cardinality:="multiple" -> [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="axiom"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.2.11.wso2v12"]
	Resource
		osgi.identity; osgi.identity="tomcat"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="7.0.85.wso2v1"
	Wiring
		[1] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=*)"; resolution:="dynamic"; cardinality:="multiple" -> [osgi.identity; osgi.identity="axiom"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="1.2.11.wso2v12"]
	Resource
	Wiring
	Resource
	Wiring
	Resource
	Wiring

Can anyone please help me in identifying the problem and why it tries to wire to same package (any additional methods to narrow down the issue). Same tomcat version was used in the old OSGI version but didn't see this kind of freezing in the middle.

Thanks a lot
  • Attachment: logs.txt
    (Size: 934.57KB, Downloaded 111 times)
Previous Topic:Driver type 'JdbcDriver' is not supported
Next Topic:Breadcrumb doesn't work & Messy Toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:00:10 GMT 2024