Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Oomph silent installation? How to?(How do you create a custom config that let's Oopmh do all the work via simple command line switches?)
Oomph silent installation? How to? [message #1802189] Sun, 03 February 2019 14:31 Go to next message
Quintus Snitjer is currently offline Quintus SnitjerFriend
Hello, I'm asking the forums because I'm totally out of ideas.

So here is the situation; I'm working on a PowerShell script for IT'ers that can easily deplay all kinds of software unattended via a GUI. Because of how many types of Eclipse IDE's there are, and with that odd Oomph installer, this seems quite the challenge.

I have tried all kinds of foreum posts, confuration files, github pages and whatever else but it's all gibberish to me. I thought I could just do something like "/S JavaEE" or whatever else, but nono. You have to install Eclipse, then get more plugins and then create a config file that doesn't even work? Yeah I'm totally lost.

Now my question is, are there any example files or whatever I can use. Just to give Oomph a command line, install the PHP IDE, install the Java version, and so on. Because the end user simply clicks on CheckBoxes which then run a command to install whatever the user needs, I'm looking for a way to just install an IDE like it's supposed to, but unattended.

Any help or tips that are more 'understandable' so to say are more then welcome.
Re: Oomph silent installation? How to? [message #1802442 is a reply to message #1802189] Fri, 08 February 2019 22:58 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Calling the Oomph installer "odd" is not the best way to get on my good side. If you don't like the installer, I would suggest just unzipping/untar-ing/un-dmg-ing the packages directly. Then I don't have to help you at all.

The packages are here:

https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/

Your scripts can download them and do with them whatever they want.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:USS client usability
Next Topic:Eclipse installer opens firefox with a page "can´t open file"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:21:41 GMT 2024