Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » [Linux] bin folder not shown(freshly installed Eclipse, new project, no bin folder is shown and I can not create one because 'bin' already exists)
[Linux] bin folder not shown [message #1802175] Sun, 03 February 2019 00:20 Go to next message
ruphus roger is currently offline ruphus rogerFriend
Hello forum,

so just recently I finished the course 'object oriented programming in java' at university. Now I would want to keep on programming and getting deeper into Java at home. At university we used Eclipse (Windows 10) and so I installed Eclipse on my Ubuntu 18.10 box at home, as well. I am using OpenJDK11 and OpenjFX11.

Within Eclipse I have added JavaFX at 'Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Build Path -> User Libraries', which points at the javafx-sdk-11.0.2/lib folder. It shows me all those .jar files. So I assume Java and JavaFX are installed correctly.

Now when I create a new project, I choose OpenJDK11 as JRE, input a name and click next.
Now in the Libraries tab I add my User Library with JavaFX.
By now in the Source tab it is only the projects folder as a parent and the src folder as a child folder shown. There is no bin folder shown. Further down the window it states Default output folder: FXTest2/bin... I click finish.

Now I see my new project with its hierarchy looking like (see screenshot):
FXTest2
src
JRESystem Library [java-11-openjdk-amd64]
JavaFX11

That bin folder is just not shown for me.
Right click on the project -> new -> Folder -> bin -> that folder already exists
And in fact that folder exists within my workspace/FXTest2 folder.

Please help me to get that Eclipse working correctly. As far as I learned, one should put all the projects files somewhere inside the bin folder, right? Like in some subfolder (e.g. controller, views, etc.). I would love to get that thing working and start programming at home.

With best regards

ruphus
  • Attachment: 1.png
    (Size: 44.94KB, Downloaded 181 times)
Re: [Linux] bin folder not shown [message #1802176 is a reply to message #1802175] Sun, 03 February 2019 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

This is normal. You, the developer, only need to care about what's in that folder when you export your
final jar. The rest of the time, Eclipse is showing you your sources and libraries, the things you're actually
going to modify or refer to, and making sure your sources are built before you Run or Debug your
application.

The Navigator View will show you the bin folder if it's really a problem.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: [Linux] bin folder not shown [message #1802186 is a reply to message #1802176] Sun, 03 February 2019 13:06 Go to previous message
ruphus roger is currently offline ruphus rogerFriend
Hello Nitin,
thank you very much for your fast response. Wow okay, now I feel dumb :D I was certain, that we used to put our codes down to bin. Haha. Alright thank you and have a good time.
Previous Topic:Can't connect to any repository... Session.connect: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Next Topic:Eclipse + Kotlin + Junit: Erros while using @Test annotation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:55:35 GMT 2024