Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Workspace Image style cannot take URI from feature.(Workspace Image style cannot take URI from feature.)
Workspace Image style cannot take URI from feature. [message #1802037] Thu, 31 January 2019 08:21 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend

Hello,
I have an Ecore model which represents some text and images, and for the images I have an EClass which has an attribute called uri which stores the location of the image.

I would like to show these images in Sirius using the 'Workspace Image' style.
However , in the .odesign specification file, for the Workspace image style, I can only put an exact path for an image (like \image1.jpg), butI would prefer to have feature:URI , so that the image location is taken from the eObject.

Is this possible to do currently? Maybe it is a 'simple' feature enhancement that I could add myself to Sirius?
Thanks,
Neil
Re: Workspace Image style cannot take URI from feature. [message #1802042 is a reply to message #1802037] Thu, 31 January 2019 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed, you can only put a path as this is not an expression field (Note that expression fields have a yellow background). This enhancement you suggest is a good idea, you can file a new bugzilla about it, but I can't tell you when or if we will implement it (it seems like a quick feature though).
For the moment, you will have to implement this feature yourself using the custom style extension point[1].

Regards,
Steve

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/developer/extensions-provide_custom_style.html

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Workspace Image style cannot take URI from feature. [message #1802043 is a reply to message #1802042] Thu, 31 January 2019 10:18 Go to previous message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
Thanks Steve,
I will raise a Bugzilla for this. I will try to implement myself as a custom style, and hopefully my code can be used\useful for adding the feature to sirius.
Previous Topic:Can Nodes, containers or layers be marked as not movable is Sirius
Next Topic:How to replace object in ordered collection?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:03:35 GMT 2024