Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Is it possible to import a Gradle Project into eclipse via command line?
Is it possible to import a Gradle Project into eclipse via command line? [message #1802014] Wed, 30 January 2019 18:39 Go to next message
Rotciv Ocnarb is currently offline Rotciv OcnarbFriend
i want to make a fully automated project generation that not only creates a sample project, but it also creates a eclipse workspace, and import this project, so when eclipse opens, its all configured and ready.

I have a "template" project that uses Gradle, and i want to duplicate that project, create a workspace for it, and import it to eclipse, all that via code (either command line, or a Java program). Is that possible?

I have heard of that Oomph thing, but all the tutorials seems too complex, and i didnt understood exactly how this effect can be achieved in Ooomph

Also i have heard of eclipse command arguments, like the "-data" that opens eclipse with an specific workspace, but i don't know if there is any command line argument that can import a Gradle project into eclipse.

Is this achievable? How can it be done?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I managed to import a project into eclipse using this command line:

@echo off

eclipsec -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data [WORKSPACE FOLDER] -import [PROJECT FOLDER] -build all -cleanBuild all

eclipse -data [WORKSPACE FOLDER]

pause

but it imports as a simple java project, without all the other project dependencies.

If i manually click in Gradle -> Refresh Gradle Projects, all the dependencies appear, but im searching for something more automated, for example if eclipse had an option to refresh all grade projects from workspace at startup

[Updated on: Wed, 30 January 2019 19:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to import a Gradle Project into eclipse via command line? [message #1802020 is a reply to message #1802014] Thu, 31 January 2019 00:40 Go to previous message
David Proia is currently offline David ProiaFriend
Checkout buildship. https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.buildship
Previous Topic:Eclipse Installer won't run
Next Topic:GoLang debugger issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:55:03 GMT 2024