Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Using Kura (v4) in container
Using Kura (v4) in container [message #1801831] Mon, 28 January 2019 08:07 Go to next message
Marius Wagner is currently offline Marius WagnerFriend
Does the containerized provide the same functionality as those for physical platforms (like the one for raspberry)?

What I am trying to do is running a Kura instance in Docker and connecting a device by Modbus over Ethernet to it.

Kura runs successfully, and I was able to install the Modbus add-on (https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/modbus-protocol-implementation-eclipse-kura-4xy) but in the section Drivers it says that no drivers are available, also the instance seems to be missing some menu sections like Network or Firewall.

Could it be that I am missing something or is the containerized form not intended to provide this ability?
Re: Using Kura (v4) in container [message #1802031 is a reply to message #1801831] Thu, 31 January 2019 07:30 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
The containerised version of Kura is a NN (no network) version of the framework. This means that it will not be able to change the network and firewall configuration of your host system. That is why you don't see the Network and Firewall tabs.

With that said, the applications on top can operate independently of this. So, you should be able to communicate with Modbus TCP devices.

Did you try to have a look at the log to understand what is going on?

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:Create new database connection type
Next Topic:PTC Thingworx
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:57:56 GMT 2024