Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » Eclipse Titan release 6.5.0, intermediate release 6.5.1 announcements
Eclipse Titan release 6.5.0, intermediate release 6.5.1 announcements [message #1801593] Wed, 23 January 2019 08:19 Go to next message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Dear all,

We are glad to announce that version 6.5.0 of Eclipse Titan received approval from the Eclipse foundation.

This version CRL 113 200/6 R5A ( 6.5.p10) contains the following new features:

* License upgrade to EPL 2.0
* Documentation migrated to asciidoc
* Bugfixes for core, ASN.1, XML, RAW, OER codecs, XSD2TTCN
* New RAW coding instruction 'FORCEOMIT'
* New JSON attribute 'as map'
* Attribute 'text ... as ...' for JSON
* Adopt Makefilegen for the Debian packaging
* New flag for xsd2ttcn
-o: generate all definitions into one module (called XSD_Definitions)
* Support for real-time testing in TITAN

(requires support from the test port being used, see reference guide 4.37, quoted below)

Added compiler option '-I', which enables the real-time testing features mentioned here.
The features are disabled by default, and the new keywords ('now', 'realtime' and 'timestamp') can be used as identifiers again (for backward compatibility).

Also added makefilegen option '-i', which activates this option for the compiler, and the makefile setting 'enableRealtimeTesting' in the TPD, which does the same thing.

4.37. Real-time testing features

TITAN supports the real-time testing features described in chapter 5 of the TTCN-3 standard extension TTCN-3 Performance and Real Time Testing (ETSI ES 202 782 V1.3.1, [26]) with the differences and limitations described in this section.
• The real-time testing features are disabled by default. They can be activated with the compiler command line option -I.
• The stepsize setting is not supported. The symbol now always returns the current test system time with microsecond precision (i.e. 6 decimal precision).
• While the compiler allows timestamp redirects (→ timestamp) to be used in all situations indicated by the standard, they only store a valid timestamp if one was stored in the user defined port's C++ code (as specified in the API guide, [16]). Timestamp redirects on connected (internal) ports don't do anything, and the referenced variable remains unchanged (see
example below).
• Timestamp redirects also work on ports in translation mode, as long as both the translation port type and the provider port type have the realtime clause. Timestamp redirects can also be used inside translation functions (i.e. the port.send and port.receive statements can also have
timestamp redirects).
• The 'wait' statement is not supported.

The significance of this new feature is the following: it permits a more accurate measurement of message turnaround time, network latency and such as the timestamping of sent/received messages can be moved from the ATS (Abstract Test Suite ) to the test port or even the IP stack of the operating system.

index.php/fa/34714/0/

For UDP, the OS stack timestamping can be used; for TCP, as TCP is agnostic to the concept of message , the timestamping can be done in the test port.
Of course, ultimate accuracy can be reached only on a RealTime Operating System.

By introducing the new JSON encoding variant "as map", schema-less
decoding of JSON structures into equivalent TTCN-3 structures becomes possible:

The below TTCN-3 structure
  type union JSON_val{
    integer      JSON_integer,
    float        JSON_number,
    boolean      JSON_bool,
    universal charstring JSON_string,
    set of JSON_val JSON_array,
    record of record {
      universal charstring   key,
      JSON_val               val optional
    }   JSON_object
  } with {
    variant "JSON: as value"
    variant (JSON_object) "as map"
  }

can represent any valid JSON. Thus, the generic JSON protocol module

https://github.com/eclipse/titan.ProtocolModules.JSON_v07_2006

can be replaced with native JSON decoding.

We have also tagged version 6.5.1. of Titan in the github. This intermediate version contains a number of small correction relative to 6.5.0.
No binaries are intended to be published for 6.5.1 as these correction are likely not of general interest. Of course, a binary for any platform can be built from the source code.

The detailed change logs for both versions are attached

Best regards
Elemer
on behalf of the Titan development team

[Updated on: Wed, 23 January 2019 08:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Titan release 6.5.0, intermediate release 6.5.1 announcements [message #1801760 is a reply to message #1801593] Fri, 25 January 2019 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harald Welte is currently offline Harald WelteFriend

Congratulations to the new release. I'm happily noticing that it's also already made its way into Debian unstable, so I'm already using it automatically :)
Re: Eclipse Titan release 6.5.0, intermediate release 6.5.1 announcements [message #1801829 is a reply to message #1801760] Mon, 28 January 2019 07:43 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Thank you, Harald.

Let me also express my gratitude towards Gergely Pilisi, who is maintaning in his spare time the Debian packages on our behalf.

Best regards to all
Elemer
Previous Topic:RAW: Problem when including length field in LENGTHTO()
Next Topic:Eclipse Titan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:14:31 GMT 2024