Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Inverse operation of ModelJvmModelInferrer(Infer model elements from Java elements)
Inverse operation of ModelJvmModelInferrer [message #1801500] Mon, 21 January 2019 10:19 Go to next message
David Paz is currently offline David PazFriend
Hello,

i am sorry if this is answered somewhere else. I have look through the forum and in code but can not find anything. Any hint will be welcome.

I also dont know if it even makes sense. I am aware that infering model elements from manual or generated code is not desired in most of contexts.

Still, in the dmodel example bundle with xtext.

Would it be possible to build an inferrer that could parse a (or many) Java Class(s) and obtain an Entity out of it in our entities model?

Basically would be the inverse operation of ModelJvmModelInferrer.

Many thanks in advance.
David

PD: Have found class org.eclipse.xtend.ide.javaconverter.ConvertJavaCode would this be the direction to take? Is there any other solution avaiable?

[Updated on: Mon, 21 January 2019 10:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Inverse operation of ModelJvmModelInferrer [message #1801526 is a reply to message #1801500] Mon, 21 January 2019 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
i dont know of any capability in xtext for that usecase

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Inverse operation of ModelJvmModelInferrer [message #1801592 is a reply to message #1801526] Wed, 23 January 2019 07:37 Go to previous message
David Paz is currently offline David PazFriend
Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer. If finally i came up with something I'll post it here.

Regards,
David
Previous Topic:Access parent object in ProposalProvider even if parent is broken reference
Next Topic:Using EclipseResourceFileSystemAccess2 in test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:08:41 GMT 2024