Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Button in TableColumn
Button in TableColumn [message #1801337] Thu, 17 January 2019 08:29 Go to next message
The Maddes is currently offline The MaddesFriend
Hey guys,

i was wondering if it is possible to have a button inside a table column.

The only information about this topic i found was this thread:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/796089/

So is this the way to go or did things change?
I am working on Scout 8, just in case you need that information.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Button in TableColumn [message #1801356 is a reply to message #1801337] Thu, 17 January 2019 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi,

using app links as suggested in the other post probably still is the easiest way. If you want the links to look like buttons, you could use the button css class. And you need to remove the text-decoration: underline, otherwise the text in your buttons would be underlined...

Unfortunately, adding a css class to the app link does not seem to be supported, so you need to create the app link by yourself. Something like that:

HTML.span("text").addAttribute("data-ref", "ref").cssClass("app-link button");  // (Instead of using HTML.appLink("ref", "text")

In order to remove the text-decoration, you need to use a custom css class. Either add that new class to the list of css classes set by cssClass(), or include the button class in your new class as LESS mixin.

HTML.span("text").addAttribute("data-ref", "ref").cssClass("app-link app-link-button");

.app-link-button {
  .button();
  text-decoration: none;
}

Important: The class app-link needs to be a separate class on the link, otherwise the handler won't be attached.
Re: Button in TableColumn [message #1801404 is a reply to message #1801356] Fri, 18 January 2019 12:02 Go to previous message
The Maddes is currently offline The MaddesFriend
Thank you so far i managed to get the basic working.
I will have to mess around with the CSS later on, because i need that link to be behind an Icon, but i think you mentioned all the parts needed to achieve that.
Previous Topic:Statusbar of a Tablepage Tabl
Next Topic:scout photon planner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:04:36 GMT 2024