Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How to create customized kura components and use them in Wire graph
How to create customized kura components and use them in Wire graph [message #1801114] Mon, 14 January 2019 08:40 Go to next message
Khaled Alanezi is currently offline Khaled AlaneziFriend
Hi,

I just learning in able to be able to use Kura in my project and I'm unable to connect the dots here. So, I followed the hello world example [1] and was able to see log messages getting printed inside eclipse using the OSGi Framework-Kura_Emulator_OSX . After that, I wanted to start using Kura wires to develop my solution, so, I'm following the How to use DB Store and Filter components in Kura Wires tutorial here [2]. I completed the graph (without the cloud part for simplicity) and clicked Apply . The wires are now blinking which indicates that the data (envelopes) are moving between my 3 connected components (timer -> opcua-driver -> logger). Now, how do I deploy this application that I created using Kura Wires? how to see its output?

Note : I checked my [b] /var/log/ [\b] folder and I don't see neither the kura.log file nor kura-console.log files.

[1]http://eclipse.github.io/kura/dev/hello-example.html
[2]http://eclipse.github.io/kura/wires/kura-wires-dbfilter.html

[Updated on: Tue, 15 January 2019 07:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to run a Wire Graph [message #1801135 is a reply to message #1801114] Mon, 14 January 2019 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro de Arquer is currently offline Pedro de ArquerFriend
There is a way to see the values you are reading from the OPC device in the drivers tab -> select the asset -> select Data tab. In that screen are the variables listed and the currently measured value. Other visualization must be provided via specific plugin, store in local database or send to a cloud connection.

Depending on how it is installed, the log files may not be in /var/log but in {workdir}/log (wherever the workdir is) or /opt/eclipse/kura/log, among others.
Re: How to run a Wire Graph [message #1801165 is a reply to message #1801135] Mon, 14 January 2019 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khaled Alanezi is currently offline Khaled AlaneziFriend
Thanks for your response!

I'm a bit confused and wish to get some help. The hello world example allows to create an OSGi bundle. I assume that using Kura wires you do the same but by means of the Kura web UI. I have two questions.

1) How can I generate a deployment package (or bundle) for what I build using Kura wires (with Dataflow Programming model) and deploy on eclipse (or anywhere) to see my app running and log msgs getting printed?

2) How can I create my own components and use them within Kura wires web UI to build a custom app? I assume that developers would want to create customized logical components and use them inside Kura wires with and connect them with other components? how to do that?

Can anyone point me to clear examples on how to do that?? I find the documentation too simplistic or assume knowledge that is not there with someone who is just starting to use the framework like me.
Re: How to run a Wire Graph [message #1801300 is a reply to message #1801165] Wed, 16 January 2019 10:47 Go to previous message
Pedro de Arquer is currently offline Pedro de ArquerFriend
Hi Khaled

About your questions:

1) I'm a bit confused about what your are trying to do. If I understand right, you would like to reuse the wire graph you have created in other Kura deployments. The Wire Graph configuration is saved as any other configuration and can be retrieved and restored via the settings tab downloading and restoring snapshots. It will also configure the rest of the instance. If you want to isolate the WireGraphService, you can find it in the snapshot (it's an XML), but you must keep in mind that the components used by the WireGraphService must exist also.

2) I don't know any specific manual and I've found it a bit hard in the beginning also, but there is a way to provide your own Wire components. I suggest you to learn back from the current Wire components. Any of them would be a good template for a new one you create. The simplest yet more complete in my opinion is Fifo. Basically you must declare in the OSGI-INF file the interfaces for WireComponents and bind to the WireHelperService. In Java you must implement such interfaces. Once you install the bundle in Kura, it will be mapped and appear as new block in the Wire Graph.
Previous Topic:Cloud connections for industrial devices
Next Topic:Modbus TCP Problems with string reading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:52:54 GMT 2024