Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Oxygen behaviour (Oxygen )
Oxygen behaviour [message #1800740] Mon, 07 January 2019 15:27 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
See attached file
Re: Oxygen behaviour [message #1800766 is a reply to message #1800740] Mon, 07 January 2019 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Anne, whatever's in that file, please attach it directly to the thread instead of embedding it inside
of something else. If it's just text, please put it in the thread.

In general, avoid needlessly complicating the steps for anyone to see your question.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Oxygen behaviour [message #1801064 is a reply to message #1800766] Fri, 11 January 2019 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Quite a while back somebody named Ream posted code that would knock Eclipse out whenever he tried to open it in WindowBuilder. It took me a long time to figure out what was really going on.
Does your system misbehave if you just make the simplest WindowMaker file? If so, you probably need to make a clean reinstallation of Eclipse and Windowmaker.

If your code is o.k. until you make a new method, then my guess would be that your code includes something that would change the way a program works while the program is working, e.g., you might have a method that causes the screen size to change in response to something the user does. In that case, try enclosing problematical blocks.
// $hide>>$
[[the code that is sure to crash everything]]
// $hide<<$
Your program will compile the hidden stuff when you actually go to using it, but when you are using the design function of WindowMaker it will just ignore the hidden stuff. That way it won't try to make an image on screen of something that is not a static frame. You shouldn't be able to, e.g., make the background color change if you expand the size of the screen that will be available to adapt to content size while you are running it.
Re: Oxygen behaviour [message #1801430 is a reply to message #1801064] Fri, 18 January 2019 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Do you mean WindowBuilder? Window Maker was a window manager the last time I came across the term.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Oxygen behaviour [message #1801435 is a reply to message #1801430] Sat, 19 January 2019 02:25 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
The original post is the best way and method I can explain what is happening.
To add - I am using Oxygen #3a and I am pretty happy with it.
I did try to "update" to the latest and I cannot get my app to run - the only option is to keep "Build Project".
In old terminology - the "executable " never gets build - the file is "dirty".
I am not interested in updating / upgrading . I suspect the "conversion of workspaces " has a problem going from Oxygen... End of story.

The issue I am having has nothing in common with "running " my code.

I am still in an edit mode and for no apparent reason my widow - as in "the stuff on desktop is a window " turns gray color.
This frequently happens after "Build Project" is started , but it usually goes back to normal after few seconds.
But not always , about 75 % of the time it does not go back to normal.

Then such Ellipse window - lower case "w" - is totally unresponsive - no keyboard or mouse.
The only way to resolve is to "Quit " (desktop icon for Eclipse option ) and then I get the OS (Linux) message
" the window (lover case "w" ) is not responsive " .
Nothing to do with "Windows OS " ( capital "W") or any other application with "W" in title.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 January 2019 02:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:failed to install eclipse
Next Topic:Oxygen 3 "window not responding "
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:33:20 GMT 2024