Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Questions about application deployment on kura
Questions about application deployment on kura [message #1800715] Mon, 07 January 2019 06:36 Go to next message
Aistis Kaikaris is currently offline Aistis KaikarisFriend
Hello.

I have a couple of questions about app deployment on kura devices.

1) From what i understand the deployment package model is made for deploying one somewhat small application via a deployment package and not for deploying multiple applications that share a lot of bundles?

2) If my assumptions in the first question are correct, how would one go about deploying multiple applications that share a lot of bundles? Doing this via deployment packages would mean a lot of duplication of bundles between the deployment packages and if the applications are big enough, updating would mean updating the whole deployment package instead of updating only one bundle.

3) Is it possible to deploy bundles remotely to a kura device the same way, or similarly to what one does with kapua, via it's rest services?

4) Are there better alternatives for kura remote deployment and administration than kapua?

Re: Questions about application deployment on kura [message #1800734 is a reply to message #1800715] Mon, 07 January 2019 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
a deployment package is a sort of zip file that wraps one or more bundles.
At this time we don't have REST APIs in ESF that support bundle deployment, but you can use the Kura Deploy-V2 cloudlet to deploy your bundles in the very same way as Kapua does. http://eclipse.github.io/kura/ref/mqtt-namespace.html

Kura and Kapua are tightly integrated and developed, more or less, in parallel. But you can implement the same APIs in your own solution if you keep the same contract.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Questions about application deployment on kura [message #1800961 is a reply to message #1800734] Thu, 10 January 2019 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero wrote on Mon, 07 January 2019 16:24

At this time we don't have REST APIs in ESF that support bundle deployment, but you can use the Kura Deploy-V2 cloudlet to deploy your bundles in the very same way as Kapua does. http://eclipse.github.io/kura/ref/mqtt-namespace.html

Thanks for the answer.

I tried reading your provided link for the DEPLOY-V2, but it seems to only mention operations with deployment packages (nothing about raw bundle deployment). Am i missing something?

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2019 11:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Questions about application deployment on kura [message #1801024 is a reply to message #1800961] Fri, 11 January 2019 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the main scope for deploy V2 is to manage deployment packages.
It can also manage shell scripts.

Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Questions about application deployment on kura [message #1801137 is a reply to message #1801024] Mon, 14 January 2019 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another quick question:

Is it possible to trigger the DP package installation event in a similar way to how apache file install plugin works, where i just throw a bunch of bundles inside a load folder and it automatically picks them up? Or is it only possible via rest/ui?

[Updated on: Mon, 14 January 2019 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Questions about application deployment on kura [message #1801138 is a reply to message #1801137] Mon, 14 January 2019 14:25 Go to previous message
There exists a packages folder and a file that keeps the mapping and should be named dpa.properties.

In the marketplace there is also a dp that provides apache file install.
Previous Topic:Connect to WiFi with hidden SSID
Next Topic:Cloud connections for industrial devices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:18 GMT 2024