Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Avoid Download Failure
Avoid Download Failure [message #1800618] Thu, 03 January 2019 17:33 Go to next message
Zakary Ilic is currently offline Zakary IlicFriend
Hi,

See the attached .png for error.

I was wondering what does this error exactly mean and how do I avoid it.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 January 2019 17:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Avoid Download Failure [message #1800631 is a reply to message #1800618] Fri, 04 January 2019 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
That means the update site is not reachable. That could be for many different reasons: problems with the network, problems with the server, or the site has been deleted. Given you obscure the site, I can't tell you if that site works for me. If you've already installed from that site before, everything needed to use it will be locally cached, so you can try to reuse that cache and continue. But at some point, you will need to change the setup to use a valid site URI.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Avoid Download Failure [message #1800762 is a reply to message #1800631] Mon, 07 January 2019 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
Ok, I just got this error. I do not think there was any failure to download this file because I was able to download a bunch of other files from download.eclipse.org.

index.php/fa/34624/0/

Where can I find out the error when downloading this file? I am able to download that compositeContent.jar file using my Microsoft edge browser right now.
Re: Avoid Download Failure [message #1800774 is a reply to message #1800762] Tue, 08 January 2019 04:38 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Unfortunately the download.eclipse.org server will "transparently" redirect requests for larger resources to mirrors, and you/I cannot control which mirror is used. If I recall correctly, after three tries, the p2 transport layer (which uses ECF) will give up, so if you are being redirected to a bad mirror, only you might see that problem from your physical location, and there is no way to know/control which mirror is being used.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Installer exe creation code
Next Topic:Default Install Location of Eclipse using userprofile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:00:35 GMT 2024