Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Why the recent Eclipse "Language servers" features slow down so much the IDE
Why the recent Eclipse "Language servers" features slow down so much the IDE [message #1800580] Wed, 02 January 2019 19:40 Go to next message
jerem g is currently offline jerem gFriend
The recent "Language servers" features are really very efficient to lose hours of worktime, me I lost my day thinking my hard drive would have a problem, but just after disabling this "feature" (in the Microsoft meaning) my Eclipse 2018-12 came back as quick as it can I think with my old computer. I saw with the previous Eclipse 4.8 it was also quiet slowly feature, but I let it with this one because it was not blocking to open files, see implementations etc. but with the last Eclipse version it is really a nightmare, today, freezing the full program when trying to open a class by ctrl+click and other pretty handy navigation features like this. It is quiet random to investigate the problem so difficult to report a bug accurately, but something needs to be done to be able to let it enabled on computers not brand new of 2018 or 2019, rather 2008 for mine !
Re: Why the recent Eclipse "Language servers" features slow down so much the IDE [message #1802328 is a reply to message #1800580] Wed, 06 February 2019 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Maybe start with what 'recent "Language servers" features' you're referring to, and what language you're working with. Concrete details about how to reproduce the problem would help others help you figure out where to report a bug.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Why the recent Eclipse "Language servers" features slow down so much the IDE [message #1802338 is a reply to message #1802328] Wed, 06 February 2019 18:13 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hello
Which project dod you install that brings usage of Language Servers? Corrosion (Rust), Wild Web Developer HTML, CSS, JSON, JavaScript, TypeScript...), aCute (C#), STS4...? Pleaqe report your issue as a bug in the project that brought you there.
Previous Topic:RCP Windows Builder not working
Next Topic:Error with PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:23:13 GMT 2024