Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Connect an IP Camera to Kura
Connect an IP Camera to Kura [message #1800526] Tue, 01 January 2019 13:03 Go to next message
Khaled Alanezi is currently offline Khaled AlaneziFriend
I'm new to Kura and looking for guidance. I ran Kura using the docker container on my Mac machine. Now, I have a camera that can be accessed by calling its IP address from a browser and returns an img. I would like to connect this camera to Kura, which is acting as my IoT gateway. Should I define a new Driverwith Assesto access the camera?or should I be using the RestServices under Services? the goal is to retrieve the image from within Kura and do some image analysis before sending the result to the cloud. Any idea on how to do that? can you point me to examples that can help?
Re: Connect an IP Camera to Kura [message #1800579 is a reply to message #1800526] Wed, 02 January 2019 19:32 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
as of now we don't have Wires components that could fit your needs.
I see two components needed, one to poll the camera and get a frame and one component to process the fetched data.
For the first one it depends on the camera. I am aware of cameras that return a frame when a specific Url is invoked. If that is also your case, I believe that the corresponding component could be very simple to code.

Best regards,
Matteo
Previous Topic:CamelRunner.Builder() null pointer exception
Next Topic:Update to 4.0.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:13:16 GMT 2024