Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Keyboard input(Get keyboard ASCII value into MPU register)
Keyboard input [message #1800432] Fri, 28 December 2018 05:18 Go to next message
Art Schupp is currently offline Art SchuppFriend
The project I am working on uses an EPSON S1C17W23 MPU and has a proprietary LCD and and keyboard. The keyboard rows and columns are connected to I/O ports. The LCD has been simulated and works but I need to simulate the keyboard. It seems like it should be easy to get a character value from the keyboard (stdin) and put the value in one of the MPU registers but I have been trying for a couple of weeks with no success. I would greatly appreciate any help, a sample file would be great, or any suggestions would certainly help. Thanks in advance, Art
Re: Keyboard input [message #1800436 is a reply to message #1800432] Fri, 28 December 2018 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It's just not clear how this question relates to Eclipse. Which Eclipse technology are you using?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Keyboard input [message #1800453 is a reply to message #1800436] Fri, 28 December 2018 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Ed:

Should we add to the instruction messages one that states that cross-compilation questions should be clearly marked.?

Now the posters give so limited information with cryptic TLA's (Three-Letter Abbreviations) that there's a huge need for guesswork.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Keyboard input [message #1800457 is a reply to message #1800453] Fri, 28 December 2018 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Tavinor is currently offline Peter TavinorFriend
I suspect that a "EPSON S1C17W23 MPU" is a microcontroller (google search)
However this is an Eclipse forum for questions regarding Eclipse , the question you are asking is about the Microcontroller, not eclipse
try finding a forum for EPSON Microcontrollers and ask there, you'll have more luck

I don't suffer from Insanity, I enjoy it
Re: Keyboard input [message #1800464 is a reply to message #1800436] Fri, 28 December 2018 23:22 Go to previous message
Art Schupp is currently offline Art SchuppFriend
The version used is Mars.2 Release 4.5.2 which I downloaded from EPSON and now see that EPSON has modified this version to be compatible with their microprocessors so this question should be addressed to EPSON.

Sorry, Art
Previous Topic:403 forbidden Error when deploying Web service to Axis runtime
Next Topic:Eclipse windows across multiple monitors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:43:20 GMT 2024