Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » SOLVED: Created binding but no Supported Things exist in Paper UI
SOLVED: Created binding but no Supported Things exist in Paper UI [message #1800419] Thu, 27 December 2018 14:49 Go to next message
Brian Leedy is currently offline Brian LeedyFriend
I'm creating a binding for NOAA's weather.gov API. I've heavily based the code on Laurent Garnier's excellent WeatherUnderground binding. I can't seem to figure out why no "Supported Things" show up in the UI though.

- I don't utilize a bridge. I don't have a specific reason to as there is no API key or language config. Do I need one to accomplish this?

- I'm trying to utilize the LocationProvider to automatically create a Thing if the location is set. This is not being created when the Location is set.

- I've updated the thing-types.xml as best I could figure but there are a lot of channel-group's, channel's, and channel-type's.

How can I best troubleshoot what's going on?

EDIT:
Turns out I had a somewhat cyclical reference left over from thw WU binding. Found that and I'm all good. I referenced the Astro binding which does nearly what I am attempting. Progress! Now if I can just get the Json flowing...

[Updated on: Thu, 27 December 2018 19:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SOLVED: Created binding but no Supported Things exist in Paper UI [message #1800428 is a reply to message #1800419] Thu, 27 December 2018 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
1. No need for a bridge, if there isn't such a thing as an "account" with credentials or API keys that you'd have to use.
2. This should be done through a discovery service, which adds an according Thing to the Inbox.

> How can I best troubleshoot what's going on?

Probably some typo or forgotten binding id replacement some where - carefully check the XMLs and the HandlerFactory implementation.
Re: SOLVED: Created binding but no Supported Things exist in Paper UI [message #1800446 is a reply to message #1800428] Fri, 28 December 2018 15:26 Go to previous message
Brian Leedy is currently offline Brian LeedyFriend
1. Yeah, that's what I figured but questioned it when it wasn't working.
2. Yeah, that's where the problem was. I think I was trying to handle this in the Handler AND the DiscoveryService. Pulled it from the Handler and all was good.
Previous Topic:Advice on how to handle application key
Next Topic:SOLVED:API Incompatibility still exist | Update of master done
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:34:19 GMT 2024