Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » Exit out of Composite State(Exit out of Composite State)
Exit out of Composite State [message #1800406] Thu, 27 December 2018 01:30 Go to next message
Selvaganesh Murugan is currently offline Selvaganesh MuruganFriend
Hi,

Please see attached pictures of the following created using Papyrus for Real-Time 1.0:
1. Main State Machine containing two states (State1 and CompositeState1)
2. CompositeState1 has State2 and CompositeState2
3. CompositeState2 has State3 and State4
I am unable to find a way to exit out of CompositeState2 (which is inside CompositeState1) and transition to State1 (through the exit point or some other way). Please clarify how to achieve this.

Note that there is a way to transition from CompositeState2 to State2 through the exit point in CompositeState2 but not transition from CompositeState2 to the exit point in CompositeState1
Re: Exit out of Composite State [message #1800421 is a reply to message #1800406] Thu, 27 December 2018 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ernesto Posse is currently offline Ernesto PosseFriend
I'm not sure what exactly you want to achieve, but given these diagrams, if you want to exit CompositeState2 and end in State1, you need a transition from CompositeState2 to an exit point of CompositeState1 and then a transition (without trigger) from this exit point to State1., like the one you have for State2. You can share exit points, or you can use different exit points and give them different names to distinguish them, if for example you wanted to go from the second exit point to a different state in the top-level. In UML-RT there is no possible way of having transitions that "cross state boundaries" without passing through an exit point or entry point. This is one of the differences between UML-RT State Machines and UML State Machines, but it is only a syntactic difference. Going through an exit point does not affect the behaviour.
Re: Exit out of Composite State [message #1800427 is a reply to message #1800421] Thu, 27 December 2018 19:36 Go to previous message
Selvaganesh Murugan is currently offline Selvaganesh MuruganFriend
Thanks Ernesto! Figured a way to exit out of composite state!

Observations for transitioning from A STATE to an exit point of composite state:
1. If I add a transition from State 2 to CompositeState1, it creates an exit point and a valid transition
2. If I add an exit point in CompositeState1, then add the transition from State2 to this exit point, it creates the (valid) transition

Observations for transitioning from A COMPOSITE STATE to an exit point of composite state:
1. If I add a transition from CompositeState2 to CompositeState1, it creates an exit point and a valid transition
2. If I add an exit point in CompositeState1, then add the transition from CompositeState2 to this exit point, it removes the transition

[Updated on: Thu, 27 December 2018 19:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PapyrusRT example for SPP and SAP
Next Topic:Transition name from different states to the same state
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:03:58 GMT 2024