Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Hawk » Call JAVA from HAWK(How to call java from hawk or extend the hawk framework)
Call JAVA from HAWK [message #1800351] Tue, 25 December 2018 15:47 Go to next message
Saheed Popoola is currently offline Saheed PopoolaFriend
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to call java code from HAWK similar to Epsilon here (https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/call-java-from-epsilon/). Furthermore, is there any documentation on how I can extend the Hawk framework. Thanks

Saheed
Re: Call JAVA from HAWK [message #1802489 is a reply to message #1800351] Sun, 10 February 2019 18:56 Go to previous message
Antonio Garcia-Dominguez is currently offline Antonio Garcia-DominguezFriend

Hi Saheed,

Oops! For some reason, my forum subscription did not notify me about your post. Sorry for the very delayed reply!

We use EOL without the EclipseContextManager that you may use to invoke custom tools - we would need to add support for this. The core of Hawk is supposed to be runnable outside Eclipse, hence why we normally don't have that enabled. Before we get into how to support custom Java code inside EOL queries: what are you trying to do that requires custom Java code? It may be tricky to use custom Java tools in Hawk EOL queries, as you would have to re-implement the same graph abstraction we have.

As for extending the Hawk framework, it's basically writing new plugins for it and running Hawk with those plugins enabled. The types of components are listed here:

https://github.com/mondo-project/mondo-hawk/wiki/Basic-concepts-and-usage#components

What sort of extension do you want to make? We could create additional documentation for that type of extension.

Kind regards,
Antonio
Previous Topic:Welcome to the forum!
Next Topic:Native Support for LabVIEW/ Simulink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:36:40 GMT 2024