Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Is Sirius supports only for EObjects.(Is Sirius supports only for EObjects.)
Is Sirius supports only for EObjects. [message #1800201] Fri, 21 December 2018 09:40 Go to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hii

Does anyone help me in this query.iam having a model where some resources is of type Objects and some are of EObjects. I have used sirius design for this model. My problem is whenever I load the file the resources need to be written into model and those resources diagramtic representation needs to generate automatically.I found like sirius will load only for EObjects. I having an attribute which is of FeatureMapEntry where FeatureMapEntry will hold Objects not Eobjects. while loading the file (my file is having both Eobjects and Objects)into model my Eobjects are coming but Objects which are there in FeatureMapEntry are lost.

I just want to know whether Sirius supports only EObjects not for Objects

[Updated on: Fri, 21 December 2018 10:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is Sirius supports only for EObjects. [message #1800209 is a reply to message #1800201] Fri, 21 December 2018 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hi Sharmila,

Yes, Sirius is a framework dedicated to help users to create, edit and visualize EMF models [1].

Regards,
Steve

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/overview.html

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Is Sirius supports only for EObjects. [message #1800211 is a reply to message #1800209] Fri, 21 December 2018 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hi Steve Monnier.

Thanks for the quick reply.

can I know whether Sirius supports only EObjects or it will support both EObjects and Objects
Re: Is Sirius supports only for EObjects. [message #1800212 is a reply to message #1800211] Fri, 21 December 2018 11:54 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

I'm not sure that your question makes sense. At the metalevel Sirius uses Ecore metamodels to define the data structures for the diagrams. Models/diagrams conforming to the Ecore metamodels use EObjects internally. However Sirius can use normal EMF Resource loading protocols, so anything that can be loaded as an EMF Resource can be handled by Sirius. It probably doesn't make much sense, but you could use an Xtext parse/resource loader to have Sirius support structured text. The QVTd XML support enables Sirius to support XML Elements. If you want a form of Object, just provide a Resource loader that loads/converts them to an EObject representation.

Regards

Ed Willink

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Update aird file when change the uri of sementic resource
Next Topic:weird links
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:20:57 GMT 2024