Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » what can cause Package Explorer "red-x" error-icon when all Java sources compile without e(In Eclipse, what can cause Package Explorer “red-x” error-icon when all Java sources compile without errors?)
what can cause Package Explorer "red-x" error-icon when all Java sources compile without e [message #1799956] Tue, 18 December 2018 04:36 Go to next message
henry henry is currently offline henry henryFriend
I'm using Eclipse for Java development. All my sources compile fine and the resulting application compiles fine. However, I keep getting an "red-x" error notification in the Package Explorer.

All my sources in this source directory (too long for the snapshot) compile fine, none of the show the "red-x" error icon.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be highly appreciated.
Re: what can cause Package Explorer "red-x" error-icon when all Java sources compile witho [message #1799964 is a reply to message #1799956] Tue, 18 December 2018 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Can you show us what you're talking about, with an image? What error is showing in the Problems/Markers Views?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2018 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: what can cause Package Explorer "red-x" error-icon when all Java sources compile witho [message #1800074 is a reply to message #1799964] Wed, 19 December 2018 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
If you are seeing a fat red X, that is something I get when there has been some kind of mix-up in the hidden files associated with my project or perhaps there is just some kind of corruption in the RAM of my computer. My experience has been that if I quit Eclipse, shut down my computer for 20 seconds (to let any capacitors to lose all charge) and then restart everything then the "error" will go away.l

Re: what can cause Package Explorer "red-x" error-icon when all Java sources compile witho [message #1800075 is a reply to message #1800074] Wed, 19 December 2018 15:25 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
No Message Body
Previous Topic:Javaassist private member
Next Topic:PHP Debug Methods mapped to pathes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:11:51 GMT 2024