Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Export lua basic function block failed(Dynamic function block create)
Export lua basic function block failed [message #1799743] Thu, 13 December 2018 08:49 Go to next message
Yipeng Zhu is currently offline Yipeng ZhuFriend
hello,
---------------------Description---------------------
version:4diac-ide 1.9.1
issue: export basic function with lua scripte failed.

could you help me resolve this?

thank you.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 December 2018 08:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export lua basic function block failed [message #1799832 is a reply to message #1799743] Fri, 14 December 2018 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

can you provide us with more details what the issue is. Is there more information in the .log file which you can find in the .metadata directory in your workspace.

Also can you provide us with an FB so that we can try to reproduce the problem.

BR,
Alois
Re: Export lua basic function block failed [message #1799907 is a reply to message #1799832] Mon, 17 December 2018 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi, I clear .log, and try to re-export again, however I find that it doesn't have any new log in itself,

if your version can work, could you provide your version so that I can update it according your feedback.

Thank you

[Updated on: Mon, 17 December 2018 10:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export lua basic function block failed [message #1799932 is a reply to message #1799907] Mon, 17 December 2018 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I myself haven't used lua to much yet. I would expect that it is maybe because of some specifics in your FB that you like to export. It would be extremely great to have from you an FB that reproduces the problem so that we can track this issue down and improve 4diac's LUA support.

BR,
Alois
Re: Export lua basic function block failed [message #1800102 is a reply to message #1799932] Thu, 20 December 2018 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,

Thank you for your kindly reply, the reproduce scenario is that create a new function block with default parameter, then export this function block with lua script, and it doesn't export any Lua script as it is expected.

Thank you.
Re: Export lua basic function block failed [message #1800197 is a reply to message #1800102] Fri, 21 December 2018 08:56 Go to previous message

Hi,

sorry I didn't find time yesterday to perform tests by myself.

I tried it myself now and I could export an empty basic function block. However I noted that currently no file is generated. There is only an output on the console. The reason may be that the currently a file would not be if use. Lua is used as such that during the deployment process 4diac IDE checks with the running 4diac FORTE if there is a needed type available if not and the FB is a basic or composite then 4diac IDE generates the Lua code and sends it via management commands to the device. There 4diac FORTE directly handles it. If you are generating a boot file then the lua code is also embedded.

Just to more prominently point this out I want to repeat that Lua code generation only works for basic and composite FBs.

I hope this helps,
Alois
Previous Topic:Docker alpine Image - Forte & OPC UA - compiling errrors
Next Topic:how to run 4diac IDE base on source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:35:23 GMT 2024