Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Display additional meta properties on association end.
Display additional meta properties on association end. [message #1799685] Wed, 12 December 2018 11:23 Go to next message
Pieter Martin is currently offline Pieter MartinFriend
Hi,

I'd like to display, 'Is derived', 'Is ordered', 'Is unique'... on the label of an association end.
I use to be able to configure that in the properties' display section but can no longer find it in the latest Papyrus.
Is this still possible and if so how?
Re: Display additional meta properties on association end. [message #1799696 is a reply to message #1799685] Wed, 12 December 2018 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi Pieter,

In the last version of Papyrus (2012-12 (build this day)), i can display some informations about the label of association end.
There 2 ways to manage it:
1. Grahically by selecting the label to manage, open the properties view, tab 'Appearance' and check the needed informations.
2. By css, create a css file and attach it to a model (you can drag&drop it into the diagram) and manage the labels as you want. For example, you can have something like that :
Association > Label:sourceRole {
	maskLabel: visibility derived name multiplicity modifiers;
}

HTH,
Nicolas
Re: Display additional meta properties on association end. [message #1799698 is a reply to message #1799696] Wed, 12 December 2018 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am on the latest version installed via the market place, 4.1.0.20180912

Is the graphical way suppose to be available?
When I select the label and go to 'Appearance' there is nothing to check. Only a stereo type table, 'Element icon' checkbox, 'Shadow' checkbox and a 'Qualified name de' select box.

I tried the css way also, created 'associationpropertyend.css' with the css you gave me. Drag and drop and afraid nothing happened. It recognizes the drag and drop but the labels stayed the same.

Do I need to get the latest build?
Re: Display additional meta properties on association end. [message #1799751 is a reply to message #1799698] Thu, 13 December 2018 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas FAUVERGUE is currently offline Nicolas FAUVERGUEFriend
Hi,

In your version (2018-09), the appareance behavior disapear but will be available in the next release (2018-12). This was a bug fixed some weeks ago : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=515967
This next release will be available next week (wednesday 19/12 if i remember correctly).

Concerning the css, after the drag & drop, if you select the diagram, do you have the css defined in the 'style' tab of the properties view ? If not, you can manage it manually by adding this css.

Moveover, this following css style will work for ALL associations labels :
Association > Label {
	maskLabel: visibility derived name multiplicity modifiers;
}

The 'derived' and 'modifiers' (unique) attributes are displayed only if this is not the default value.

HTH,
Nicolas.
Re: Display additional meta properties on association end. [message #1799760 is a reply to message #1799751] Thu, 13 December 2018 10:23 Go to previous message
Ok thanks, I installed the nightly version and its working now.
Previous Topic:Decorate ModelExplorer-Element in Diagram
Next Topic:[SysML] Model validation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:24:45 GMT 2024