Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2
Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2 [message #1799681] Wed, 12 December 2018 10:26 Go to next message
Matteo Cantarelli is currently offline Matteo CantarelliFriend
Hi, we just updated several machines to use the latest Eclipse J2EE version
Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)
Build id: 20180917-1800

with the virgo tooling plugin:
Eclipse Virgo Tools 1.5.1.RELEASE

And the latest version 3.7.2 of Virgo server.

While, as it has always been, adding the Virgo Project Bundle nature made all bundles deployable onto a Virgo Server Runtime via Eclipse, this is not true anymore for web bundles. Adding/removing/readding the Virgo Project Bundle Nature, nor the usual maven update/project clean/maven install various dances, make any difference and the web bundle doesn't either show in the Add/Remove list of deployable bundles for the server, nor via drag and drop. Has anyone experienced the same problem? I just tried myself on a new machine and, having deployed virgo web applications for years, I can confirm the problem is there. Thanks in advance for the help.
Re: Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2 [message #1799686 is a reply to message #1799681] Wed, 12 December 2018 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GianMaria Romanato is currently offline GianMaria RomanatoFriend
Hi Matteo,

could you please open the Web project properties page, go to the faceted project section and double check that the Virgo runtime is selected?

https://ibin.co/w800/4Pk5WHAUQedA.png
Re: Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2 [message #1799688 is a reply to message #1799686] Wed, 12 December 2018 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Gianmaria,

Thanks for the quick reply. The Virgo Runtime is disabled for the web bundle and I can't click on it:

https://i.imgur.com/so0TAIo.jpg

Thanks for the help!
Re: Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2 [message #1799691 is a reply to message #1799688] Wed, 12 December 2018 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GianMaria Romanato is currently offline GianMaria RomanatoFriend
That's most likely the problem.

Please check the .project file of your Web project and compare it against another bundle that works as expected.
Please also note that Facets may declare compatibility or incompatibility with other facets. So it may be that the Virgo facet is not enabled because it is not compatible with some other facet of the project. You should try unchecking some of the other facets and see what happens.

Finally please be aware that there are issues with Virgo Tools and Eclipse >= Photon because of a defect in the Eclipse Libra project. While the defect has since been fixed, Libra did not yet make an official release.
So either make sure you are not using Photon or a later simultaneous release.
If you really have to use Eclipse >= Photon, this bugzilla entry [1] explains how to workaround the Libra issue via a manual installation.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=537017

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2018 13:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2 [message #1799692 is a reply to message #1799688] Wed, 12 December 2018 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update: Disabling Dynamic Web Module, Virgo Runtime becomes enabled and I can click on it and I can therefore deploy it but most resources don't seem to get published to the stage folder so MANIFEST shows as 0.0.0
Re: Problem deploying web bundle with latest Eclipse and Virgo 3.7.2 [message #1799693 is a reply to message #1799692] Wed, 12 December 2018 13:15 Go to previous message
Update: They got copied now, after some dances, will investigate further and report back if disabling Dynamic Web Module has any side effect.
Previous Topic:Problem in loading Virgo bundles for vSphere v6.5
Next Topic:Virgo Management Console Password Encryption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:12:09 GMT 2024