Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » jdk11 is not supported in eclipse4.9(jdk11,eclipse4.9)
jdk11 is not supported in eclipse4.9 [message #1799458] Fri, 07 December 2018 07:39 Go to next message
Huang Alex is currently offline Huang AlexFriend
The official website claims that eclipse4.9 does not support jdk11 fully, which means i should at least use some small part of the jdk11 new features.
But now that i download the eclipse4.9 and set the vm to jdk11, the java complier level can not be set to 11, it's 10 at most.
Re: jdk11 is not supported in eclipse4.9 [message #1799539 is a reply to message #1799458] Sun, 09 December 2018 00:16 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Isn't there an installer available for download from Eclipse that would fetch the correct stuff?

I tried to do some basic stuff with Eclipse on Microsoft's system ten, and got really frustrated because it was so hard to see what I had really downloaded, and to see where it was in the directory, etc. With my Mac I can find everything I need with a click or tw.
Write the file titles for any java files that you download. The naming system seems almost deliberately arcane to me. I can't begin to remember all the mistakes I made in trying to get the right java files on the windows computer and get it to be recognized by all the apps and the operating system. It is probably most efficient if you write out what you have done, step by step.

Somebody is going to make a Mac-style directory system for the Windows Ten system. When that is done I predict that Microsoft will kill it out of malignancy.

I originally had Java 11 working, but I took it down and replaced it with 10 because I wanted something available that Microsoft deleted in 11. Too bad I didn't take notes as I went along.

Maybe you will need to reinstall Eclipse and Java. I think there are no uninstallers, unfortunately, so the job is a bit messy.

Maybe someone who know much more than I will respond. Let's hope so.
Previous Topic:Problems with corrupted files
Next Topic:stackoverflow didn't solve no projects are found to import problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:49:07 GMT 2024