Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus and Eclipse UML Generators
Papyrus and Eclipse UML Generators [message #1799384] Wed, 05 December 2018 21:31 Go to next message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Is there any relation between the Papyrus project and the Eclipse UML Generators project?

I am interested in the generation of UML from code.

Papyrus support Java reverse.
Eclipse UML Generators supports Java and C++.

Is the source code compatible in any way?
Re: Papyrus and Eclipse UML Generators [message #1799460 is a reply to message #1799384] Fri, 07 December 2018 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

both projects are unrelated. In case of the UML generators project, code generation is based on Acceleo, in case of Papyrus SW designer, code generation is based on xtend. In case of the latter, "advanced" capabilities such as state-machines and component-based modeling (ports and connectors) are supported by additional model transformations.

Not clear what you mean by the code being compatible. For most structural features, the code from both generator is very similar (as the mapping of UML concepts to OO languages such as Java is straightforward), but this is not the case for instance for state-machine code.
Re: Papyrus and Eclipse UML Generators [message #1799532 is a reply to message #1799460] Sat, 08 December 2018 15:32 Go to previous message
Adriano Carvalho is currently offline Adriano CarvalhoFriend
Hi,

By compatible I meant "interchangeable". At the time I didn't know Papyrus also supported C++ reverse and I was thinking whether C++ reverse in UML generators could be "copied" to Papyrus.
Previous Topic:Reverse To Existing Model: merge variant missing
Next Topic:Model Explorer and Main Menu problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:01:59 GMT 2024