Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Weird design preview in WindowBuilder - ContentPane larger than Jframe(After creating a new Jframe with Windowbuilder, contentPane doesnt seem to fit in Jframe)
Weird design preview in WindowBuilder - ContentPane larger than Jframe [message #1799199] Sat, 01 December 2018 15:10 Go to next message
Max Heckmann is currently offline Max HeckmannFriend
Hello,
I recently bought a new windows laptop on which I installed eclipse IDE for Java Developers and later on WindowBuilder. If I now create a new Jframe, the contenPane area doesn t seem to fit in the Jframe (see the pictures). It seems to be too large. If I run the program everything looks fine. Only the preview in eclipse is wrong. I didn t edit any code - so this cant caused the problem. On my other windows computer everything works fine with the same preferences. I already tried to reinstall eclipse and WindowBuilder and even the Java Devolpment Kit and Runtime Enviroment. The problem stayed. I also tried to edit setBounds() and contentPane.setBorder(...) but it doesnt made a difference. Has anyone the same problem or knows a solution? What can I do to fix the problem?

I am thankful for any help.
Yours Max
  • Attachment: 1.PNG
    (Size: 27.11KB, Downloaded 220 times)
  • Attachment: 2.PNG
    (Size: 4.26KB, Downloaded 166 times)
Re: Weird design preview in WindowBuilder - ContentPane larger than Jframe [message #1799266 is a reply to message #1799199] Mon, 03 December 2018 17:44 Go to previous message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
Hi Max
How about posting your code so we can try it out on our machines?
And how about providing some details of your environment, including:
1. What version of Eclipse are you using and what WindowBuilder version?
2. What Java version are you using?
3. What kind of laptop are you using and what Windows version is installed?
I'm only guessing, but the problem may be related to your laptop screen resolution.
Previous Topic:pallete empty swt designer
Next Topic:JavaBean Customizer Write to Workspace Log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:04:55 GMT 2024