Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unable to Resolve Host Names for Any Repositories(For two days the hostnames for Eclipse repositories have been unresolvable.)
Unable to Resolve Host Names for Any Repositories [message #1799154] Fri, 30 November 2018 14:55 Go to next message
"delectAPPle -labs" is currently offline "delectAPPle -labs"Friend
When attempting to run an update within Eclipse, I received a list of 400+ "No repository found containing:" messages. When I scrolled through the error log, the root cause was that, during the actual update process, Eclipse was unable to resolve the hostnames for any of the repositories. I am able to open Chrome and browse to the repos, but Eclipse is not able to resolve them.

The same thing happens when I run the Oomph installer.
index.php/fa/34431/0/

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Re: Unable to Resolve Host Names for Any Repositories [message #1799157 is a reply to message #1799154] Fri, 30 November 2018 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Just curious -- how do you know it's related to name resolution?

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Unable to Resolve Host Names for Any Repositories [message #1799187 is a reply to message #1799157] Sat, 01 December 2018 08:04 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, I doubt it's a name resolution problem as is host-name resolution. If the installer got this far it found all the content metadata for the repositories, and got as far as finding and trying to download the artifacts and that's the part that failed. I would expect such a failure is a temporary network/server problem that goes away if you try it again.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Can't avoid "cannot be resolved to a type" (Eclipse/JbossStudio)
Next Topic:From " run" to "compile" to "edit text" ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:41:43 GMT 2024