Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » [Remote][Flexible] Web/Desktop/CRM Application Developer
[Remote][Flexible] Web/Desktop/CRM Application Developer [message #1798873] Mon, 26 November 2018 21:53 Go to next message
Harry Hillier is currently offline Harry HillierFriend
Over 10 years experience.
Java/Scala/Lisp/Rust/Php/Javascript/Node.JS
Experience linking existing systems with APIs and customizing SuiteCRM
Experience with SWT & Swing
Experience in solving optimization problems via linear programming. i.e. employee scheduling

I am currently working with a care provider to bring a cloud based employee management system we designed together to market, and am looking for flexible remote work to supplement my income while we work through the beta stage and finish taking it to market. If you're interested in looking at my work I can provide a screenshots of the system as well as telephone numbers or facetime to talk with the owner of the care provider who uses it on a daily basis. A live demo is harder as it currently contains sensitive information. I can also present a prototype of a fully automated employee scheduler for a call center that schedules employees to conform to erlang C & A queueing predictions.

The systems are built in a combination of Aurelia & Node.JS with Chicken Scheme used to interface with C++ based Cbc branch and cut libraries. (Scheme is used to ensure reliability with less debugging overheads compared to C, Rust doesn't interface with C++ libraries as it compiles to LLVM intermediate format) I also generally try and stick to a functional style of coding if possible as I find it easier to debug and extend, but there are occasions when OOP makes sense for certain design elements. My issue with sticking to OOP exclusively is I find it creates objects with methods that manipulate and/or depend on properties that have a state that is harder to reason about (it may have been changed by another method but sometimes only in rare cases) and thus it becomes harder to extend or refactor the methods. I find javascript quite a nice compromise between styles.

I am UK based, happy to work roughly to Central/Eastern Standard Time with a break at 11-12am CST.

Thanks for reading.

Harry
harry359 [@] gmail [.] com
Re: [Remote][Flexible] Web/Desktop/CRM Application Developer [message #1806642 is a reply to message #1798873] Mon, 13 May 2019 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anastasia  Stefanuk is currently offline Anastasia StefanukFriend
Hello! I see you have really great profile and I hope you will find great job according to your experience. But by the way maybe you are interesting in improving you skills reading the good article about Aurelia developer? If yes I can share something with you to read. Check it and good luck with your new job.
Re: [Remote][Flexible] Web/Desktop/CRM Application Developer [message #1831875 is a reply to message #1798873] Tue, 01 September 2020 16:35 Go to previous message
James Crane is currently offline James CraneFriend
Harry Hillier wrote on Mon, 26 November 2018 21:53
Over 10 years experience.
Java/Scala/Lisp/Rust/Php/Javascript/Node.JS
Experience linking existing systems with APIs and customizing SuiteCRM
Experience with SWT & Swing
Experience in solving optimization problems via linear programming. i.e. employee scheduling

I am currently working with a care provider to bring a cloud based employee management system we designed together to market, and am looking for flexible remote work to supplement my income while we work through the beta stage and finish taking it to market. If you're interested in looking at my work I can provide a screenshots of the system as well as telephone numbers or facetime to talk with the owner of the care provider who uses it on a daily basis. A live demo is harder as it currently contains sensitive information. I can also present a prototype of a fully automated employee scheduler for a call center that schedules employees to conform to erlang C & A queueing predictions.

The systems are built in a combination of Aurelia & Node.JS with Chicken Scheme used to interface with C++ based Cbc branch and cut libraries. (Scheme is used to ensure reliability with less debugging overheads compared to C, Rust doesn't interface with C++ libraries as it compiles to LLVM intermediate format) I also generally try using spy apps https://bestparentalcontrolapps.com/highster-mobile/ and stick to a functional style of coding if possible as I find it easier to debug and extend, but there are occasions when OOP makes sense for certain design elements. My issue with sticking to OOP exclusively is I find it creates objects with methods that manipulate and/or depend on properties that have a state that is harder to reason about (it may have been changed by another method but sometimes only in rare cases) and thus it becomes harder to extend or refactor the methods. I find javascript quite a nice compromise between styles.

I am UK based, happy to work roughly to Central/Eastern Standard Time with a break at 11-12am CST.

Thanks for reading.

Harry
harry359 [@] gmail [.] com

Good skills. Hope you'll find project with big future
Previous Topic:The Eclipse Foundation is hiring: Senior Linux Systems Admin in Europe
Next Topic:Looking for Java and Eclipse plugin Developer - Espressif Systems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:53:26 GMT 2024