Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Upgrading BIRT: Log-Files and Java 11(Running BIRT using Java 11)
Upgrading BIRT: Log-Files and Java 11 [message #1798853] Mon, 26 November 2018 16:08 Go to next message
Arne Schröder is currently offline Arne SchröderFriend
In our company we have been using BIRT 4.6, calling the OSGi report engine.
Right now we have to upgrade Java to version 11, due to Oracle's new release scheme (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/eol-135779.html).

We therefore tested the latest BIRT version 4.8 with Java 11. Unfortunately, it did not generate any reports but rather spit out the first part of an exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/CoreException [...] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException

We had similar issues before but were always able to retrieve the whole error message from BIRT's log file. With previous versions we found these log-files in the directory
${runtimeDir}/ReportEngine/configuration.
However, since BIRT version 4.7 this does not exist any more.

My two questions are:

- Where do the logs go from version 4.7 on?
- Is support for Java 11 planned? Am I doing things wrong and it is already there?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Arne
Re: Upgrading BIRT: Log-Files and Java 11 [message #1802534 is a reply to message #1798853] Mon, 11 February 2019 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucas Santos is currently offline Lucas SantosFriend
Not related to this issue but have you experienced something like this: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1095348/

I had no answer :/ but if want to run with Java 11, you may already run it with Java9/10 I guess
Re: Upgrading BIRT: Log-Files and Java 11 [message #1807922 is a reply to message #1798853] Wed, 12 June 2019 11:39 Go to previous message
Bartosz Zbierajewski is currently offline Bartosz ZbierajewskiFriend
Hello,

Have you found any solution to the problem? Were you able to run BIRT with Java 11?

We are facing the same issue, maybe you have already solution for it.

Thank you in advance for answer,

Regards,
Bartosz
Previous Topic:Multiple themes - second theme not found at runtime
Next Topic:BIRT upgrade requires more connections from connection pool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:54:36 GMT 2024