Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » IPageBookViewPage reuse in multiple PageBookViews?(Is it allowed to reuse the same Page in multiple PageBookViews?)
IPageBookViewPage reuse in multiple PageBookViews? [message #1798793] Sun, 25 November 2018 12:44 Go to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Simple question: Is it allowed to reuse the same Page (IPageBookViewPage) in multiple PageBookViews?

The implementations do not check for the re-use of a Page in another PageBookView. However, I would be surprised that this works correctly as it seems that 'createControl' and 'init' would be called multiple times on the same Page. Or do I miss something here?
Re: IPageBookViewPage reuse in multiple PageBookViews? [message #1799253 is a reply to message #1798793] Mon, 03 December 2018 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I wouldn't recommend doing this. If your PageBookViewPages had no state, then it might work. But Page, the base class, holds onto the Page Site, which is tightly tied to a view part. So you're likely to hit some problem at some point.
Re: IPageBookViewPage reuse in multiple PageBookViews? [message #1799404 is a reply to message #1799253] Thu, 06 December 2018 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolf Theunissen is currently offline Rolf TheunissenFriend
Just to be sure, if the Page Site would be closed, and after that the Page is re-used in another Page Site would that potentially be a problem? To be concrete, this behavior is present in almost every IContentOutlinePage I have seen so far.
Re: IPageBookViewPage reuse in multiple PageBookViews? [message #1799425 is a reply to message #1799404] Thu, 06 December 2018 16:03 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Can I turn the question around and ask: why do you want to reuse a page in multiple page book views?
Previous Topic:Eclipse hangs directly after startup in "Credential Migration Ui Job"
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP crashes with lots of GTK warnings and errors after latest Gnome update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:10:40 GMT 2024