Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Detail Form on TablePage(How to implement)
Detail Form on TablePage [message #1798718] Fri, 23 November 2018 08:54 Go to next message
The Maddes is currently offline The MaddesFriend
Hello,
its me again.

So my application is growing and i learned a lot from you guys already, and i really appreciate all the input you give me!

For now i wonder if there is a way to have a "real" detail form on a tablepage. Since the widgetdemo page with detailform (i still dont get why its called detailform if its blocking the content) is just reachable with the top arrow menu.

I stumbled upon this thread here :

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1084027/

And i wanted to know if this is still (Scout 8) the way to go and if so, which way would be fitting my needs the best.

In the end i just want to have a detailform in the bottom of my table on a tablepage, which shows details to the selected item of the table and will save new items to that table.

I already implemented that kind of form in a tablepage, but that tablepage lives inside a abstractpagefield, so its working out there.

Thank you again for input :)
Re: Detail Form on TablePage [message #1798821 is a reply to message #1798718] Mon, 26 November 2018 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hello there

I want to quickly explain Detail Forms, Node Pages and Table Pages and the concepts behind them:

• The table page has many rows. The detail form is actually for the table page itself - not for a specific row!
    Example usage: The opened "CompanySubsidiariesTablePage" shows a list of subsidiaries of ACME Inc. (ACME Demolitions, ACME Tools). The detail page of the CompanySubsidiariesTablePage shows a (subsidiary focused view of) ACME Inc.: Maybe a number of how many subsidiaries there are, which one is the best, ...)
  • A node page on the other hand is typically opened when you double click a single row (created by execCreateChildPages). If you configure a detail page here, it represents the node page you opened. Example usage: This would represent the specific subsidiary you double clicked - ACME Demolitions.

If I interpret your post correctly, you're trying to mix the two concepts: Use the detail page of the table page to show the data of a single row. And - as you point out - combined with the arrow buttons, this does not provide a good user interface.

For Scout 8, the message by Beat in the thread you referenced still is correct in how you could achieve a detail form for the selected row:
Use a TableControl, or open/close a form with the appropriate display hints to represent your row.
Re: Detail Form on TablePage [message #1798829 is a reply to message #1798821] Mon, 26 November 2018 12:29 Go to previous message
The Maddes is currently offline The MaddesFriend
Hey Patrick,

thank you for the clearification on this topic.

I implemented the form now with the overridden TableControl and it works just fine. Sorry that i didnt get the point in the first place!
Previous Topic:Login with Database connection
Next Topic:Icons disapear when setting permission
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:24:19 GMT 2024