Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4DIAC forte sending too many watch request/respond packets
4DIAC forte sending too many watch request/respond packets [message #1798619] Wed, 21 November 2018 09:16 Go to next message
Awais Tanveer is currently offline Awais TanveerFriend
Hello,

While using 1.10 RC2 versions of both 4DIAC and forte, I see too many TCP packets generated on the network when I start to monitor the programs. These packets are in hundreds and continue while I am monitoring an application and stop when I uncheck monitor program debug perspective. The packets' data contains repeated request and reponses in xml format.

Is this the normal behaviour and if it is, can we control this behviour as sometimes this behavior overwhelms the network?

Cheers
Re: 4DIAC forte sending too many watch request/respond packets [message #1798621 is a reply to message #1798619] Wed, 21 November 2018 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose Maria Jesus Cabral Lassalle is currently offline Jose Maria Jesus Cabral LassalleFriend
The packets are sent from 4diac-ide to the 4diac-forte and the responses the other way around, and are sent continously. The packets you see are the request and responses which are sent in XML. The amount of packets is dependant on how often the request are sent by 4diac-ide. Maybe if it's too much, this refreshing time could be added as a preference variable.
Re: 4DIAC forte sending too many watch request/respond packets [message #1798623 is a reply to message #1798621] Wed, 21 November 2018 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awais Tanveer is currently offline Awais TanveerFriend
Thanks, Jose. Yes, I could see that IDE requests watch values from forte and forte repsonding with variable values. Can you tell me how to add refreshing time as a preference variable?
Re: 4DIAC forte sending too many watch request/respond packets [message #1798632 is a reply to message #1798623] Wed, 21 November 2018 12:12 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Yes this is normal behavior. 4diac IDE is requesting each 4diac FORTE it is connected to, to send updates on the monitored values. You can control how big the packets are by selectively select how many values to would like to watch. Furthermore in the preferences you can set the update interval how often 4diac IDE is sending these messages. I think per default it is set to 250ms. You can freely choose this value. The bigger the less messages but also the less updates you will see during monitoring.
Previous Topic:Control System app for Beckhoff Using OPC-UA
Next Topic:Control of Kuka YouBot by Raspberry Pi 3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:52:59 GMT 2024