Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Copy paste diagram in the same model(Copy paste diagram in the same model)
Copy paste diagram in the same model [message #1798345] Thu, 15 November 2018 18:58 Go to next message
taghreed altamimi is currently offline taghreed altamimiFriend
Hi,
Can i copy activity diagram in the same model.For example i want to create another copy from an activity diagram in the same model instead of creating it from scratch as its big.

I tried from edit>copy but papyrus keeps freezing and stuck and generating errors.
Can you please advise me.

Thanks,
Taghreed
Re: Copy paste diagram in the same model [message #1798640 is a reply to message #1798345] Wed, 21 November 2018 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi

which version of Papyrus are you using? Normally, you can copy a whole diagram by selecting it in the model explorer and using copy/paste in the context menu or the shortcuts ctrl-c/v)
Re: Copy paste diagram in the same model [message #1798642 is a reply to message #1798640] Wed, 21 November 2018 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am using Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
i tried to copy the diagram and it worked but when i tried to change names of some elements in the copied diagram the original also changed. it supposed to be two separate diagrams and change in one should not be reflected in the other.

I have attached a picture to show you how did i copy the diagram as i am not sure that i did the correct steps.
Can you please advise me what to do as i need to create big models and creating it manually is a pain.

Thanks,
Taghreed

[Updated on: Thu, 22 November 2018 00:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Copy paste diagram in the same model [message #1798658 is a reply to message #1798642] Thu, 22 November 2018 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

that is a common mistake: A diagram is a view of your model. If you copy a diagram, you create a copy of the view, but both views reference the same model elements. Thus, it's correct that name changes are reflected in both diagrams, as both diagrams shows the same semantic model elements.
You can copy a whole package containing one or more diagrams and a set of model elements. In this case, the diagrams and model elements within the package are duplicated. If you have not organized your model in a suitable for this task, you can create a new package and drag the elements that you need to duplicate inside (don't forget to update the root element of a moved diagram, as only the owner will change automatically). Not sure, whether that works with the Mars version which is quite old.

Re: Copy paste diagram in the same model [message #1798676 is a reply to message #1798658] Thu, 22 November 2018 15:17 Go to previous message
Thanks it worked.
I copied the activity under the same package
Previous Topic:[CSS] Support for containment in SVG images
Next Topic:Error while delete elements with diagrams moved into submodels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:44:57 GMT 2024