Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull
End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1798189] Tue, 13 November 2018 22:17 Go to next message
Richard Thibault is currently offline Richard ThibaultFriend
Hi, I'm getting the following error when I try to push or pull from my remote origin server, a Bitbucket server that I connect to over SSH:

JSchException: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read

The SSH connection uses a certificate, and works fine from the command line. It also works from a co-worker's machine, who has EGit 4.8.0. I'm using EGit 5.0 in Eclipse Photon and get this error every time I push or pull. I tried downloading 5.2.0 from the nightly build site but that didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Re: End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1798625 is a reply to message #1798189] Wed, 21 November 2018 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Richard Thibault wrote on Tue, 13 November 2018 22:17
The SSH connection uses a certificate...

A certificate? Are you using hostbased authentication? AFAIK JSch (the Java SSH library used by EGit) doesn't do that. You might want to try setting the environment variable GIT_SSH to an external ssh executable. EGit will then use that instead of its built-in Java SSH library.
Re: End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1798847 is a reply to message #1798189] Mon, 26 November 2018 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I should have said "public key", not certificate...so pretty sure JSch should work. The SSH Preferences tab in Eclipse is correctly pointing to my ~/.ssh/id_rsa, and that's the key set up in Bitbucket.

That said, setting GIT_SSH does seem to fix the error - so thank you!

$ export GIT_SSH=/usr/bin/ssh
$ /Applications/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse
Re: End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1798902 is a reply to message #1798847] Tue, 27 November 2018 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Perhaps you'd like to give EGit nightly a try. On the main EGit preference page (Preferences->Team->Git) you have the option of using Apache MINA sshd instead of JSch. Maybe that works better?
Re: End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1799323 is a reply to message #1798902] Tue, 04 December 2018 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Mina option works as well....good call, thanks.
Re: End of IO Stream on Bitbucket SSH Push/Pull [message #1799853 is a reply to message #1799323] Fri, 14 December 2018 20:06 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
The alternative Apache Mina sshd based implementation will be shipped with EGit/JGit 5.2 to be published next week.
Previous Topic:Error loading the SSH2 private keys
Next Topic:EGit in IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender Design Studio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:28:15 GMT 2024