Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Programmatic diagram export(How to extract diagrams from a Papyrus model programatically)
Programmatic diagram export [message #1798154] Tue, 13 November 2018 12:18 Go to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
We use Papyrus for data modelling using the Class model as base. I use the UML2 API to produce specific artefacts from the resulting model, e.g. OOXML documentation and XML Schemas. While I can traverse the model iteslf, I have not yet found a way to extract the diagrams in a similar way. In an ideal world, I would be like to be able to automatically generate full model documentation including the diagrams - is this possible?

Thanks
Re: Programmatic diagram export [message #1798245 is a reply to message #1798154] Wed, 14 November 2018 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

If what you want is documentation generation from your model, you should looked at:

https://www.eclipse.org/gendoc/

or

http://www.m2doc.org/download/

/Charles Rivet
Re: Programmatic diagram export [message #1798765 is a reply to message #1798245] Fri, 23 November 2018 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi,
you can find an example of template in the git org.eclipse.papyrus-requirements\plugins\gendoc\org.eclipse.papyrus.requirements.gendoc.templates to generate doc form requirement model.
Patrick
Re: Programmatic diagram export [message #1798945 is a reply to message #1798765] Tue, 27 November 2018 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
Many thanks both - looking at Gendoc has certainly been very helpful. In the past, I've just used the uml2 classes with the relevant EMF packages by putting them in Maven artefacts. That allows me to traverse the model tree very effectively outside an eclipse environment. I tried following the Gendoc code to include parsing the .notation resources and got that running - but that's a real pain as it needs loads more eclipse bundles packaged as Maven artefacts. I'm now opting for the more sensible route of bundling my Maven dependencies as OSGI and using them in a proper plugin project. I will also see how hard it is to get to grips with M2T as it clearly has potential but being able to use Java directly may still be better as I want to be able to, e.g., generate XML message schemas accurately from classes tagged with specific stereotypes from a declared profile according to a set of production rules - I'm assuming that may be a little beyond M2T?

Regards,

Oliver
Re: Programmatic diagram export [message #1798947 is a reply to message #1798945] Tue, 27 November 2018 19:13 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

XSD generation is in principle an M2M problem except that AFAIAA there is no decent XSD.ecore, so you are probably best doing an M2M (ATL./QVTo/....) to Ecore then using EMF's built-in Ecore to XSD capability.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:key-binding
Next Topic:How to communicate with external resources using moka
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:41:36 GMT 2024