Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Product configuration in a separate project(How to define a product configuration in a separate project?)
Product configuration in a separate project [message #1798110] Mon, 12 November 2018 15:24 Go to next message
Per Wallberg is currently offline Per WallbergFriend
I know how to create a product configuration file within an existing plugin (e.g. an E4 application plugin), but how can I separate the product configuration file from my plugins?

In the literature "Eclipse Rich Client Platform" written by Lars Vogel the product should typically be created in a separate project:

"A product is typically created in a separate project. In the Plug-in Development perspective you can create a new product configuration file via a right-click on a project and by selecting New → Product Configuration ."

I want to create a clean project which only consists of the product configuration file which in turn refer to all plugins projects that define the product.

Is this possible to do? ...and how?

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2018 11:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Product configuration in a separate project [message #1798558 is a reply to message #1798110] Tue, 20 November 2018 12:35 Go to previous message
Per Wallberg is currently offline Per WallbergFriend
Solved.

The simple answer is described in the exercise "Chapter 29. Exercise: From plug-in to Eclipse RCP" in Eclipse Rich Client Platform" written by Lars Vogel.
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
Next Topic:Migrating Eclipse RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:35:29 GMT 2024